Any others?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Any others?
(24-12-2012 05:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's no vogon. I can't remember but aren't vogons yellow? Anyways I can't remember this guys name either but I know where he's from. So in your face old man DLJ. Your handsomely aged wrinkleless face. Gramps.

Thank you for your detailed research and well documented evidence.

Here's mine...

its a namek (Namik?) from DBZ. I only like DBA abridged though as Super Kami Guru is hilerious (as well as most of the other cast.)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Any others?
I go to church almost every week. I have a lot of friends there. I just filter the message and take in the stuff that's useful to my life. I like singing praise songs but think of how awesome evolution and the universe are.
25-12-2012, 12:54 AM
(25-12-2012 12:22 AM)Ben-Mpls1970 Wrote:  I go to church almost every week. I have a lot of friends there. I just filter the message and take in the stuff that's useful to my life. I like singing praise songs but think of how awesome evolution and the universe are.
Me too. My parents are very liberal Episcopalians. They have great music, and I just filter and translate the words. (They used to be liberal Catholics, from a very conservative Catholic family.) I go with my mom just cuz she asks. She really only gets all dolled up in the family jewels, from her mom, once a year on Xmas night, so it's quite the event, and she wants to be proud of her family. So I do it for her, only. It's no big deal. At the midnight service, more than half the people are drunk anyway, and it's quite humorous. Lots of the peeps I grew up with are there anyway, and it's fun to say hi. We talk and whisper throughout the service.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
25-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I guess, if my hubby were christian and wanted me to join him for church on christmas I would probably come with. I would also probably bring an mp3 player and headphones along to make the time pass faster.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Haven't gone in decades.

Won't go. Period.

But I do decline politely.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
25-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Any others?
My brother asked if I wanted him to save me a seat at the Christmas Eve service. He didn't seem surprised that I declined.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I went to church. I really like the pastor at my parents' church. Down to earth, nice guy. And he makes a difference in the community. Also spreads a bit of woo, but he's deffo a positive force IMO.
25-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Any others?
(25-12-2012 12:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  I went to church. I really like the pastor at my parents' church. Down to earth, nice guy. And he makes a difference in the community. Also spreads a bit of woo, but he's deffo a positive force IMO.

How much money did you put in the offering plate so he has enough money to be this positive force?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-12-2012, 01:30 PM
(25-12-2012 12:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  How much money did you put in the offering plate so he has enough money to be this positive force?
Offering bag, old bean, that's the correct way to do it - then people don't see how much you put in. *Much* better.

And I did put in some Smile

Furthering the designs of the theists... what will the neighbours think ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-12-2012, 04:36 PM
My wife goes. She usually takes her dad (who lives with us).
She knows my views and has long since stopped asking me to go.
She has also stopped asking my why I don't believe. I would get few sentences into explaining why and she'd get this confused panicked face. I think I began to make sense and she has no interest in giving up her belief. She's comfortable in her faith but I think deep down she realizes that it's build on a faulty foundation.