Any others?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Any others?
Ato...unfortunately, you are young and need a roof over your head so you may have to play the game a little. All parents have rules that their kids really don't like much. You are smart enough that the BS of it all won't seep into your brain and do any damage. Just zone out and deal with it. An hour or so of your week may make your home life a little less tense.

I understand though...I was forced to go to Catholic school though I begged to go to the public school. Before my dad died he said he wished they hadn't forced me to go to the Catholic school...it was a business decision on his part...thinking that it would be questioned by his ALL Catholic clients if I didn't. Swell...I was a freakin' marketing tool from 6th grade through HS graduation.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's because I haven't a clue what's its like to be in your situation Ato, but I were you I would downright refuse to go. No offence but your family sucks. Surely you have some legal right to your own religion at 16?
25-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I used to get made to go now and then, it stopped shortly after i turned 16.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
25-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Any others?
(25-12-2012 05:59 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I used to get made to go now and then, it stopped shortly after i turned 16.

So that was last year?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-12-2012, 07:22 PM
My mother doesn't go to church but she used to read from the bible to me at Easter.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
26-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I was already an adult when I walked away from Catholicism so I was never forced to go to church once I had become an atheist.

On a related note, I was walking my dog past a Catholic church in my neighborhood after dark on Christmas Eve and noticed a lot of cars in the parking lot. I casually thought "hmm, I don't usually see cars at this time of night on a weekday" and a couple of seconds later realized it was because it was Christmas Eve. I chuckled to myself about how distant the old habit of going to church for Christmas had become in my thoughts. (And then I felt a mixture of both sadness and disgust about how many brainwashed sheep were in that building.)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair