Any recovering catholics here???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: Any recovering catholics here???
The first step was I stopped going to church. I would go once and a while with my parents for the holidays. But once I moved away for college I didn't go any more. Felt guilty for a little while but I didn't worry to much about it. Because I believed I had a personal relationship with God. It wasn't till much much later I stopped believing in god.

It wasn't that big a deal when I left. Once I went threw all the acts of conformation my mother said I was old enough to decide for myself.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm still dealing with denial and I'm in the process of letting go of religion...catholicism.....
29-01-2016, 07:53 PM
(20-01-2016 01:40 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How did you recover from catholicism?

A) I read the bible.
B) I learned about how it was put together.
C) I thought about it.
D) I chucked it (catholicism).

(29-01-2016 07:06 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Thank you everyone. I'm still dealing with denial and I'm in the process of letting go of religion...catholicism.....

For me, it was 10+ years later that I realized I was an atheist. The road was long but definately worth it

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
29-01-2016, 09:20 PM
My sister in law and mother became born again Catholics, that did it for me.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Fully recovered...as of about 30 years ago.

I think Catholic school played a large part in turning me away from The Church. Too much not practicing what they were preaching for my taste.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?