Any similar stories?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Any similar stories?
I would say putting fliers on car windshields is the best idea, if you must do anything. But only if it's a megachurch or something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Did you ask the pastor why would he call the police, on what grounds would he accuse you and what did you do wrong or different from various religious groups?

If I had the guts to start this whole thing, then no one would drive me away, you should just be as polite as you could, move away from the church 2 meters when the pastor has spoken to you, and just continue to do what you started.

This is a way of showing them how horrible it is for anyone to hand out flyers. Great idea, great thing to do, please do it again, this time bring some book with laws inside, so that when someone threatens with the police, you are already ready to answer them with the Law. If the police comes, you are also ready to great them and tell them that no laws have been broken.

Keep it up!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I asked him why he would call the police and he said that he "owned the property."
13-07-2012, 08:53 AM
God you people are bad at this! You don't just go around handing out flyers and annoying people. Dammit! What are you!? TWO!?

If you're going to move in this direction you can't use the same tactics as the theists. You need to be far more creative than them. Come up with some scheme or trick them into a logic trap but don't go out of your way simply irritate people and piss them off! The only thing it gains is their resentment towards you.

You want to make an impact? Do something with true meaning.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
13-07-2012, 08:54 AM
(13-07-2012 08:53 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  God you people are bad at this! You don't just go around handing out flyers and annoying people. Dammit! What are you!? TWO!?

If you're going to move in this direction you can't use the same tactics as the theists. You need to be far more creative than them. Come up with some scheme or trick them into a logic trap but don't go out of your way simply irritate people and piss them off! The only thing it gains is their resentment towards you.

I say we kidnap and de-program their children. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2012, 08:59 AM
The only problem I see with Chas' idea is that I don't want to be in a room with a large group of kids...makes me twitch just thinking about it.

What I want to know is if I can call the police when the soul-savers show up at my door.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-07-2012, 09:01 AM
(13-07-2012 08:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 08:53 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  God you people are bad at this! You don't just go around handing out flyers and annoying people. Dammit! What are you!? TWO!?

I say we kidnap and de-program their children. Smile
Excessive as always I see.

The best way to go about this is to break their ideas about atheists in general. Instead of being a problem for them, why not get into the community and baffle them with kindness? When they think you're a good person, bring out your real agenda and start to drop small bits of information here and there. Slowly break them in and make them understand on their own accord.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
13-07-2012, 09:03 AM
(13-07-2012 09:01 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 08:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  I say we kidnap and de-program their children. Smile
Excessive as always I see.
When did you lose your sense of humor and whimsy? Very sad. Sadcryface2

13-07-2012, 09:08 AM
(13-07-2012 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 09:01 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Excessive as always I see.
When did you lose your sense of humor and whimsy? Very sad. Sadcryface2
That was my humor....I hate text. It can't properly portray my tone of voice and sarcasm.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
13-07-2012, 09:10 AM
(13-07-2012 09:08 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  When did you lose your sense of humor and whimsy? Very sad. Sadcryface2
That was my humor....I hate text. It can't properly portray my tone of voice and sarcasm.
Smileys. [Deep, baritone voice]"Use the face, Luke!"