Any stories about or set in a world where Scientology is mainstream?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Question Any stories about or set in a world where Scientology is mainstream?
Whether it's "pro" or "anti" is of no concern.

It can either be a fictional story or a case study of what that society would look like.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Any stories about or set in a world where Scientology is mainstream?
Never read any, but there's some popular culture stuff here with book titles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology...ar_culture

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
29-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I doubt it, because you're only allowed to know what Scientology is all about if you participate and pay a lot of money.
So if there are books, they are only available to the higher ranking members.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
08-09-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 12:47 PM by Ohio Sky.)
I read a book last year called "A Queer and Pleasant Danger." It's mostly about the author's journey through transgenderism in a nice Jewish family, but she joined the Church of Scientology and quite a bit of the book deals with her time there as a fairly high ranking officer. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but definitely an interesting read either way.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
08-09-2013, 12:17 PM
(25-08-2013 01:26 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Whether it's "pro" or "anti" is of no concern.

It can either be a fictional story or a case study of what that society would look like.

Yes. The story of hollywood. (Just search how many starts are members).
10-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Thank you for the links. But as mentioned, not exactly what i'm looking for. These are either instances of mocking or denouncing the religion, or minor instances of it appearing in popular culture, or just the workings of the religion.

I'm looking more of a scenario or hypothesis of a world (or country) where Scientology has "won", where it's the state religion essentially. And what happens from then on.