Any strictly sober atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: Any strictly sober atheists?
Only two of the 'heavier drugs' and it was only once or twice. Cigarettes was for about 6 months.
Smoked marijuana for around the past four years, but I've now been sober for about 40 days. Yes

So as of now, no to all of the list.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
19-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Alcohol is PACKED FULL of sugar! You'll love it. Its got even more calories per gram than other carbs like refined sugar, and it will spike your insulin levels EVEN higher! And it tastes great when mixed with high sugar drinks.
19-11-2013, 08:25 PM
(19-11-2013 08:22 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Alcohol is PACKED FULL of sugar! You'll love it. Its got even more calories per gram than other carbs like refined sugar, and it will spike your insulin levels EVEN higher! And it tastes great when mixed with high sugar drinks.

No wonder people love it! Hahaha.
19-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Don't drink or smoke.

I drink the occasional energy drink though but because I like the taste.

I find most people don't care.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
19-11-2013, 09:02 PM
(19-11-2013 08:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't drink

Probably see more nutsack selflies if you did.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-11-2013, 09:08 PM
And that is suppose to be incentive for me to drink how? :scratch-head:

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
19-11-2013, 09:27 PM
(19-11-2013 09:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And that is suppose to be incentive for me to drink how? :scratch-head:
Nope, that was a prayer of thanks that you don't Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
23-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Energy drinks and coffee are the only things I would drink, and only if I am too tired to function otherwise.
26-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I have largely found these things fascinating, but have never had much of any interest in doing them. I quit drinking largely because my girlfriend, shall we say, formerly had a problem with alcohol and got over it. She can't or shouldn't drink now because of that past, and I think it would be grossly unfair to her if I was still drinking anything. This is easy though, because I don't have much interest in it.

I don't smoke, shoot up, snort, inject, freebase, toke, or use anything except for caffeine, with which I have no problem. I really love the taste of Mountain Dew, the caffeine is just a bonus.

I've always been uncomfortable with revealing this because people who get high or drunk regularly have almost always had a very religious behavior to those who don't. I was treated like an outsider, someone to fear, someone to distrust--and I got the "you think you're better than me?" thing from way too many assholes over the years. I find it telling any time someone goes to that latter comment, as it indicates that they feel there is something terribly wrong with what they're doing, and have an inferiority complex because of it.

The addictions and lows and drama are things that make for a great story--if, IF one survives them and grows up from it, but I watched too many people go from casual drinkers or light users to full blown alcoholics and addicts whose personalities changes and attitudes changed and they just turned into shit. I'm not saying this happens all the time, but it has happened too many times for me to want to be a part of it.

To all this, I think it should be legalized, regulated, and taxed but I loathe when anyone flies the flag of Libertarianism as a fucking excuse to just be a constantly stoned, drunk loser for their whole lives. Libertarianism is like atheism--I do not need government or god to be a good, personally responsible person--I know how to do it on my own. I had a friend, who is no longer a friend as he is a drain on society, who was exactly this. Tried to tell me I was somehow "not Libertarian" because I wasn't stoned or drunk all the time when I told him that the reason I never want to hang out with him is because he's not fun when he's inebriated, and that that was all he was.

Note: I'm not saying that drinking occasionally or getting high once in a while is "bad" or personally irresponsible. Its when you tattoo pot leaves on your body and let the booze and shit run your life that you have failed at that.

I have also found that I'd prefer to take life directly and to what it is rather than try to mask it or hide from it in an inebriated haze. It did get tiring over the years of constant pressure from assholes that there was something wrong with me because I preferred to be sober. Luckily, I'm really not in a position where I have to deal with such shitty people anymore.

Besides, I have video games to play.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
[+] 1 user Likes Skeptic Gamer's post
26-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Skeptic Gamer I agree or can relate to most of what you said. Looks like you are looking forward to X for WiiU? Me too man! I might get that day 1.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post