Any strictly sober atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: Any strictly sober atheists?
Other than experimentation, I never did much in the way of hard drugs - dropped acid on occasion many years ago. No drugs anymore - cep maybe some pot if I'm around generous young folk.

Alcohol - yes, now and then - whatever I'm in the mood for, usually a beer or a wine.

No cigarettes, energy pills, energy drinks, soft drinks - never done any of those - don't like them; they either taste like shit or they make me feel shitty.

I drink coffee. That is all. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 03:13 PM
(26-11-2013 03:09 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Skeptic Gamer I agree or can relate to most of what you said. Looks like you are looking forward to X for WiiU? Me too man! I might get that day 1.

Yes, yes I am looking forward to that.

On an unrelated note (to this topic), I am also developing two games for Wii U.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
27-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Been there and done it all.. was incredibly lucky not to stay in the hole i was in at the time.

I have pretty much done all of the classical drugs, Cannabis was my trigger and remains the only thing i struggle to reject. (I have been dry for 16 years now but still feel the need)

I smoke (secretly as I have given up so many times, I dont have the heart to break it to my fiancee), I do not drink more than once a year (for celebration purposes only and 1/2 glass then due to cultural pressures) I swill coffee and tea like a fish, and chocolate is my once or twice a week treat.

I have the willpower of a leaf in the wind, I try to give up and succeed for months, (the anti smoking pill was great for me) but due to me spending a lot of time away from home, I tend to fall back into bad habits (plus I cant always get a repeat prescription for those pills)

What I have found is that my family and friends fele the need to pressurise me into having a drink as often as possible, usually 'for a nice night out' forgetting that I havent been a regular drinker for about 10 years now, and go out and have good nights out without alcohol. ~Even my fiancee says she is disappointed with me that i dont drink with her.

I find my own choices in rejecting these stimulae is not accepted by the world around me.. I suppose this must be what it is like to be a scientologist Tongue
27-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Intoxication to a lesser or greater degree and or addiction IS NOT label based. Every population worldwide will have some degree of people who moderately use, some who don't and some who abuse. Neither is it class based, although the poor do not have the same resources when they face these problems.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Alcohol-free for 17 years (from age 24 - 41)... then I moved to Sydney.

Aussie contract law states that alcohol consumption at beer time (after 2pm Friday) is compulsory.

Tried most drugs (while living in Paris)... kept the ones that agreed with me ... rejected the ones that killed my friends.

Drinking Beverage <-- I don't drink this muck.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-11-2013, 07:32 AM
(27-11-2013 06:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Alcohol-free for 17 years (from age 24 - 41)... then I moved to Sydney.

Aussie contract law states that alcohol consumption at beer time (after 2pm Friday) is compulsory.

Tried most drugs (while living in Paris)... kept the ones that agreed with me ... rejected the ones that killed my friends.

Drinking Beverage <-- I don't drink this muck.

That's OK, I'm drinking your share. Drinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm a very casual social drinker, and even then I just don't out to drink often. The amount of alcoholic beverages I have in a year can usually be counted on both hands. Nor do I smoke; tobacco, marijuana, or otherwise (but I'm totally in favor of decriminalizing cannabis). I'm not on any medications or narcotics, legal or otherwise. I don't drink coffee, but I love me some hot chocolate!

Likewise, my big guilty pleasure is sugar. Undecided

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-11-2013, 02:55 AM
The only time I have a significant amount of alcohol is from Christmas to New Year's Eve, and in the summer near my birthday. The rest of the year I'll have it every few months in a small dose, such as a shot-glass of 5-8% vodka in a smoothie for a special occasion. I never drink 'socially' or as a regular thing. I treat alcohol like cake; I consume it rarely and in small amounts, with some exceptions...

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
28-11-2013, 10:43 AM
(19-11-2013 05:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Including:
-alcohol
-cigarettes
-marijuana
-energy drinks
-energy pills
-coffee
-Shrooms/ecstacy/meth/cocain/heroine or whatever other heavier drugs were a fad.

None of mentioned above, except alcohol and coffee. As for alcohol only when I and my friends get together, I rarely drink coffee as well. I prefer tea.
[+] 1 user Likes Nebulæ's post
03-12-2013, 03:43 AM
i abstain from all drugs and alcohol. i got into the straight edge thing when i got into punk about 10 years back and never gave it up.
[+] 2 users Like Donel's post