Anybody Heard of this book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 04:29 AM
Exclamation Anybody Heard of this book?
Hey guys.

I was praying this morning for God to give me guidance on religion and for him to expose the truths to me (My family went through some hard times, and religion had a lot to do with it). Suddenly, the thought entered my mind to check Amazon. I did, and I found this book: "Religion Exposed: Corruption, Deceit, and the Evil Spirits Responsible". Seems to be a few days old too. Very, very strange. For the first time in many years, I feel as if God actually spoke to me. Ironic, because the title seems to go against religion. I wanna read it so badly, but at the same time I'm scared. I don't know what I could find, and don't deal too well with being shocked or surprised. I'd rather ask people on the internet.

The book's description reads: "A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors."

Any help, guidance, or opinions?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 05:53 AM
RE: Anybody Heard of this book?
Welcome to TTA.

We have believers and non-believers on this forum. I think I can speak for all when saying that there is no excuse for ignorance when you genuinely want to find out about a subject in order to come to a measured and considered opinion.

Read as much as you can.

There are many here who have rejected theistic beliefs simply by reading the bible.

It's a fun (and often scary) journey. Enjoy.

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
26-06-2016, 06:11 AM
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Hey guys.

I was praying this morning for God to give me guidance on religion and for him to expose the truths to me (My family went through some hard times, and religion had a lot to do with it). Suddenly, the thought entered my mind to check Amazon. I did, and I found this book: "Religion Exposed: Corruption, Deceit, and the Evil Spirits Responsible". Seems to be a few days old too. Very, very strange. For the first time in many years, I feel as if God actually spoke to me. Ironic, because the title seems to go against religion. I wanna read it so badly, but at the same time I'm scared. I don't know what I could find, and don't deal too well with being shocked or surprised. I'd rather ask people on the internet.

The book's description reads: "A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors."

Welcome.

I don’t know, man. I sounds like God thinks you can handle the heat. Why else would He deliberately lead you to that book?

Buy the book, read it, do some Internet searching and feel free to ask lots of questions on this forum.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-06-2016, 06:16 AM
deleted
26-06-2016, 06:22 AM
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Hey guys.

I recommend Why I Became An Atheist by John Loftus.

This book goes into theological and philosophical issues with Christianity written by a former evangelical preacher.

If certain subjects seem taboo to you, then find a book that dives right into this subject. Evolution, philosophy, morality, you can read up on all of these subjects and see how the world works without a god.

There are many things you can read right on this forum that are a great resource, such as:

GWG's resource thread

Old Testament texts/ Another look

If you want to seriously examine this question of god's existence, then read those posts, it will give you many jumping off points that you can research yourself.

What you choose to do with this information is up to you, you can desperately cling to apologists lies or have a moment of true intellectual honesty that will give you answers, however some of these answers will not be what you want to hear.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-06-2016, 06:33 AM
Quote:"A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors."

I have to say that this description and indeed the title of the book itself doesn't give me confidence that this book will contain much rational thought , let alone the "Truth"

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-06-2016, 06:39 AM
(26-06-2016 06:33 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:"A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors."

I have to say that this description and indeed the title of the book itself doesn't give me confidence that this book will contain much rational thought , let alone the "Truth"

Oh wait. I totally misread that title. Why the hell would OP come here to ask if he should buy that book?

Meh. So much for sarcasm.
26-06-2016, 06:42 AM
My poe detector just exploded

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
26-06-2016, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 04:58 PM by cactus.)
Definite poe.

Book published: June 20, 2016

http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread...#pid188843

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...226AAQfStw

This book sounds like mindless drivel, and these sales tactics are not helping. Drinking Beverage

The random string of gibberish on the back cover is definitely not helping either. Rolleyes
[Image: s5g1n7.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2016, 07:09 AM
(26-06-2016 06:55 AM)cactus Wrote:  Definite poe.

Somebody pretending to be something they are not. I'm guessing that the OP has a vested interest in selling copies of the book. Nothing about the post feels genuine.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post