Anybody Heard of this book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 07:09 AM
RE: Anybody Heard of this book?
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Hey guys.

I was praying this morning for God to give me guidance on religion and for him to expose the truths to me (My family went through some hard times, and religion had a lot to do with it).

your prayers will go unanswered as there no indication that praying does anything other than waste your time

Quote:Suddenly, the thought entered my mind to check Amazon. I did, and I found this book: "Religion Exposed: Corruption, Deceit, and the Evil Spirits Responsible".

thoughts like that are normal and occur to people who use the internet and want to buy stuff, it would be abnormal if that thought didn't occur to you

Quote:Seems to be a few days old too. Very, very strange. For the first time in many years, I feel as if God actually spoke to me. Ironic, because the title seems to go against religion.

there is no reason that a product can't be a few days old since they are up for purchase when a seller puts it up for sale
and NO this is not god or fate... its just plain mundane coincidence
hell, humans have had a tendency of thinking that there is meaning/fate/destiny/purpose/intent behind random events which are coincidental and random

also if god wanted to speak to you why couldn't he just tell you what you wanted to know ? why bother with a book if he could've just put the info in your mind instead of the thought of going to amazon ?

Quote: I wanna read it so badly, but at the same time I'm scared. I don't know what I could find, and don't deal too well with being shocked or surprised. I'd rather ask people on the internet.

ok what your basically saying is your afraid that what you find will the opposite of what you want.... but if you want to read it badly then you have no excuse what so ever of not reading it

Quote:The book's description reads: "A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors."

drama queen much
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ace's post
26-06-2016, 07:25 AM
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...226AAQfStw Wrote:I've been reading good things about it.
No you haven't, TheDonJohn.

If you're not a drive-by (doubtful) then please feel free to drop the scammy bullshit and join in the rest of the discussions on this forum, or at least peruse the library. There's a lot of great information to be found there:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce-Library

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Woah, woah. Why would I try to sell you this book? Yes, I've posted the question around, but that's how I am. I thought I'd try several places because I don't like to commit to things, and people online aren't always willing to give their two cents. For example, over at that other forum no one has said anything. Finding the book was to me just very strange and I felt I needed to talk to people, seeing as how asking my family would be a bad idea. But nevermind, I see this was just a mistake. Hard-core atheists are always trying to ruin peoples' day. I'm not about to deal with more problems from people. Thank you to those who have been kind. Good bye.
26-06-2016, 07:58 AM
(26-06-2016 07:50 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Hard-core atheists are always trying to ruin peoples' day.

[Image: image_zps1gfzfr9b.png]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-06-2016, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 08:18 AM by cactus.)
(26-06-2016 07:50 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  I thought I'd try several places
So I am correct in assuming that the anonymous Yahoo post was yours, then?

Please, tell us what what good things you've heard about the book, and who told you.

(26-06-2016 07:50 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Hard-core atheists are always trying to ruin peoples' day.
Well, judging by the back of that book, and the fact that you found it so appealing, it seems like irrational hard core atheists are exactly who you're looking for. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
26-06-2016, 08:29 AM
I love that sooo often the response of visitors to people who apply actual skepticism to an issue that's raised, here, by a person who is visiting an atheist forum to sell their own particular brand of woo, is to say "it was a mistake" and claim that the atheists are the ones who are being rude for applying their basic philosophy of logic and reason.

TheDonJohn, you came in here sounding like a bot that spams forums trying to advertise/sell something. We see dozens of those a month. It is a common tactic for them to use phrases like "people are saying..." or "everyone's talking about...", just as advertisers do on TV.

Even if we accepted that you were a real person and not an advertiser, it's common for Believers (of various kinds) to come here and pretend that they are "just asking questions" when what they are really doing is preaching, then being offended when we apply the same logic and reason to their assertions that we apply to everything else on the planet, because on some level they think that THEIR ideas deserve special protections. They then take umbrage when we don't treat their ideas as special and sacred, and blame us for failing to live up to their selfish expectations.

Don't blame us for what you said and how you said it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2016, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 08:49 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(26-06-2016 06:55 AM)cactus Wrote:  Definite poe.

Book published: June 20, 2016

http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread...#pid188843

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...226AAQfStw

This book sounds like mindless drivel, and these sales tactics are not helping. Drinking Beverage

The random string of gibberish on the back cover is definitely not helping either. Rolleyes
[Image: 81rxXXuRz%2BL.jpg]

That was the flag that waved for me as well. Anytime someone makes a statement like, "a word of caution, no one has ever taken it to this level" it screams disingeneous sales tactics. it is like planting a tree of knowledge and then telling the people, "don't eat of the fruit of this tree"...and than being surprised when they do Rolleyes or so the fairy tale goes. of course I thought the mythical god was omniscient Consider

This sounds like yet another crazy telling his personal experience and how the liberals and religious nuts are driving this country into the toilet blah blah blah MURICA! Religion is bad, but god is good, here, buy me book quickly before god returns and roasts us all!

Walk away, don't look back. Buy credible books.

EDIT: Buh bye

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-06-2016, 09:08 AM
(26-06-2016 07:50 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Woah, woah. Why would I try to sell you this book? Yes, I've posted the question around, but that's how I am. I thought I'd try several places because I don't like to commit to things, and people online aren't always willing to give their two cents. For example, over at that other forum no one has said anything. Finding the book was to me just very strange and I felt I needed to talk to people, seeing as how asking my family would be a bad idea. But nevermind, I see this was just a mistake. Hard-core atheists are always trying to ruin peoples' day. I'm not about to deal with more problems from people. Thank you to those who have been kind. Good bye.

Okay, wait. Hold on a second.

The commitment here is to the tune of $17.99 (plus shipping and handling). I don’t know what kind of budget you’re working with, but this doesn’t seem to be a bank-breaking investment here.

Buy the book. It obviously intrigues you. You're welcome to come to this forum to start discussions about the things you read in it.

Now onto my other point: If you don’t feel fuzzy welcoming feelings here, it’s because your opening post seems designed to draw out a reaction from the atheists. You know that the people on this forum don’t believe in G-d, and you know that they not going to receive this “G-d speaks to me in mysterious ways” stuff very well.
As a fellow theist, I’m saying to you that it’s weird that you’d come here with that kind of talk, and then expect that the forum regulars would react any other way. It seems obvious that you did this for the sole purpose of reinforcing your belief that atheists want to shit and piss on your day.

If you were really interested in getting down to the root of what the atheists on this forum felt about your book, you’d find common ground and communicate with them in a way that they can relate to.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
26-06-2016, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 10:56 AM by DLJ.)
Here's my prediction. The content of this book will decline itself in such a fashion:

The first few pages will talk about how science is an incredible tool to improve people lives, find truth and establish logic and social order. After that, they will talk about how religion is stupid, based on a scam to allow some people to prosper and hide behind a curtain of virtue to hide their vices.

Then it will launch itself in a inspirational speech about how science is actually the search for the Great Truth of God. Then it will get in full attack mode at around one third of the book against secular society and especially liberal who subverted science to go against the Great Truth of God and created a pseudo religion called liberalism out of it. It will rail against homosexuality, transgenderism, feminism and cosmopolitanism in an almost rabid fashion, presenting studies that show just how homosexuals are misguided, transgenders insane, feminists trying to reverse the natural social order and cosmopolitans moral relativists.

Finally, it will present scientific studies and some theological pieces that defend the author particular brand of social conservatism and drape it all under the flag of The Great Truth of God because both the Bible and science agree thus it must be God ultimate words of wisdom.

The last chapter of the book will be a rant against the multiplying evil of social justice warrior who are destroying his magnificent Great Truth of God and their vicious intolerance against him as demonstrated by quotes derived from him being told to troll somewhere else when he first tried to «publish» his ideas on a forum like this one or in the comment section of a Tumblr or Reddit blog.

If God exist and brought you to that book, its only the proof that God has a cruel sense of humor.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
26-06-2016, 09:14 AM
OP: are you, by chance, Alexander J King, the author of this book? Hoping to make a couple of sales?

If so, I would suggest that this does not seem to be a marketing strategy that is working for you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post