Anybody Heard of this book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 02:59 PM
RE: Anybody Heard of this book?
(26-06-2016 09:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 07:50 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Woah, woah. Why would I try to sell you this book? Yes, I've posted the question around, but that's how I am. I thought I'd try several places because I don't like to commit to things, and people online aren't always willing to give their two cents. For example, over at that other forum no one has said anything. Finding the book was to me just very strange and I felt I needed to talk to people, seeing as how asking my family would be a bad idea. But nevermind, I see this was just a mistake. Hard-core atheists are always trying to ruin peoples' day. I'm not about to deal with more problems from people. Thank you to those who have been kind. Good bye.

Okay, wait. Hold on a second.

The commitment here is to the tune of $17.99 (plus shipping and handling). I don’t know what kind of budget you’re working with, but this doesn’t seem to be a bank-breaking investment here.

Buy the book. It obviously intrigues you. You're welcome to come to this forum to start discussions about the things you read in it.

Now onto my other point: If you don’t feel fuzzy welcoming feelings here, it’s because your opening post seems designed to draw out a reaction from the atheists. You know that the people on this forum don’t believe in G-d, and you know that they not going to receive this “G-d speaks to me in mysterious ways” stuff very well.
As a fellow theist, I’m saying to you that it’s weird that you’d come here with that kind of talk, and then expect that the forum regulars would react any other way. It seems obvious that you did this for the sole purpose of reinforcing your belief that atheists want to shit and piss on your day.

If you were really interested in getting down to the root of what the atheists on this forum felt about your book, you’d find common ground and communicate with them in a way that they can relate to.

Damn girl, you're awesome.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-06-2016, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 05:09 PM by cactus.)
(26-06-2016 01:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just to explain something about the web:

This thread is a publicity stunt, google follows all the links and google thinks all the links coming from here are relevant to atheists. So, if you link to this book, or it's reviews, you inadvertently give it publicity in the search engines. Which is why the OP created the thread in the first place. It's an old internet publicity stunt and plain spam.

But it's a step more crafty as he relies on you to create the links.... Sadcryface

Thanks, Dom. I just changed the image link from the official Amazon page to a Tinypic mirror.
Of course, Google and Bing Bot will still enjoy nibbling on the OP's tasty morsels of metadata, you know, that book title that's in bold, because it's the only thing the OP really cares if we see. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
26-06-2016, 05:11 PM
(26-06-2016 05:00 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just to explain something about the web:

This thread is a publicity stunt, google follows all the links and google thinks all the links coming from here are relevant to atheists. So, if you link to this book, or it's reviews, you inadvertently give it publicity in the search engines. Which is why the OP created the thread in the first place. It's an old internet publicity stunt and plain spam.

But it's a step more crafty as he relies on you to create the links.... Sadcryface

Thanks, Dom. I just changed the image link from the official Amazon page to a Tinypic mirror.
Of course, Google and Bing Bot will still enjoy nibbling on the OP's tasty morsels of metadata, you know, that book title that's in bold, because it's the only thing the OP really cares if we see. Laugh out load

We should fill the internet with negative reviews for this stunt.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-06-2016, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 05:49 PM by cactus.)
(26-06-2016 05:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We should fill the internet with negative reviews for this stunt.
g--d idea, your dashiness. Thumbsup

Don't post it in a place that's only intended for actual reviews, though, unless you're actually planning to purchase and review the book itself, or if you have the ability to leave a comment without "reviewing" the product. Fake reviews are not cool Sleepy
...unless they're satirical Laugh out load
https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Sh...B002HJ377A

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
26-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Re-title... I love it!

Advanced Bondage, Domination, and Sado-Masochism in the Age of Electronic Torture Devices: Freeing Yourself from Vanilla

A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2016, 06:10 PM
(26-06-2016 06:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Re-title... I love it!

Advanced Bondage, Domination, and Sado-Masochism in the Age of Electronic Torture Devices: Freeing Yourself from Vanilla

A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
26-06-2016, 06:43 PM
OOOOH Let me try....ahem....

How to Become a Self-Taught Master of Anal Fisting: an Insider Look Into the Inner Sanctum of the Westboro Baptist Church

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 12 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-06-2016, 07:12 PM
(26-06-2016 06:43 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  OOOOH Let me try....ahem....

How to Become a Self-Taught Master of Anal Fisting: an Insider Look Into the Inner Sanctum of the Westboro Baptist Church

I glanced over and noticed my like counter is at 6,666...how....ironic

Evil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monster

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-06-2016, 07:17 PM
(26-06-2016 07:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I glanced over and noticed my like counter is at 6,666...how....ironic

Now it's not Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
26-06-2016, 07:25 PM
(26-06-2016 07:17 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 07:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I glanced over and noticed my like counter is at 6,666...how....ironic

Now it's not Drinking Beverage

GaspShockingHuhAngryLaughatBlushDrooling