Anybody Heard of this book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Anybody Heard of this book?
(26-06-2016 07:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 06:43 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  OOOOH Let me try....ahem....

How to Become a Self-Taught Master of Anal Fisting: an Insider Look Into the Inner Sanctum of the Westboro Baptist Church

A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you. I will expose the lies to you, uncover the truths for you, and wake many of you from your stupors.

I glanced over and noticed my like counter is at 6,666...how....ironic

Evil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monster

But if it had been post 5555 with a face card turned up, you would have had the second-best hand possible in cribbage. Coincidence? I think not. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
26-06-2016, 08:28 PM
"Into the inner sanctum"... oh man, I'm laughing so hard! Perfect.

Wow, GwoG... you can't win the thread in your first attempt. It's just wrong!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2016, 08:00 AM
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Any help, guidance, or opinions?

I don't know, man. Maybe God is a trickster god, or something. People are always saying he works in mysterious ways.

In either case, good luck! I recommend a healthy dose of skepticism, questioning, and introspection. You might be surprised what you find.
27-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(26-06-2016 08:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  "Into the inner sanctum"... oh man, I'm laughing so hard! Perfect.

Wow, GwoG... you can't win the thread in your first attempt. It's just wrong!

I have reread that like 15 times, laughing by myself until tears flowed. It just gets funnier when read before the book description:

"A word of caution: No one has ever taken it to this level. Ensure you can endure the storms of shock or surprise. Whether you believe in God or not, this will challenge your preconceptions. This is not a book for the weak-minded. Through much pain and suffering, and through the trials and tribulations which several times nearly killed me -- I have written this book for you."

Laugh out loadWeepingLaugh out loadDrooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-06-2016, 11:47 PM
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  ... Suddenly, the thought entered my mind to check Amazon ... For the first time in many years, I feel as if God actually spoke to me ...

I see that the OP has so little confidence in his own intellectual functioning that when he has what he considers an especially brilliant insight he can't imagine it came from his own faculties, it had to have come from a god. I don't know if this is religion's most corrosive aspect, that the human mind is irretrievably crippled, but it's sure in the top three. There's a rich irony that this deep self-abasement is simultaneously a colossal hubris that some god would carry on a dialogue with such an impoverished intellect.

Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
29-06-2016, 11:48 PM
(26-06-2016 04:29 AM)TheDonJohn Wrote:  Any help, guidance, or opinions?

Just do what you want to do.

I don't know you and I don't care what you do.