Anybody Here From Spain Or Familiar With The Flamenco Guitar Scene In Spain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Anybody Here From Spain Or Familiar With The Flamenco Guitar Scene In Spain?
My wife and I plan on making a trip to Spain either this coming summer or next summer, and I'm a huge fan of flamenco guitar. Which parts of Spain have the best music scene for catching some great flamenco guitarists? I was thinking about Seville, but I would love to hear some suggestions from anyone who lives in, or has been to Spain and is familiar with the music scene.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Anybody Here From Spain Or Familiar With The Flamenco Guitar Scene In Spain?
(31-03-2014 09:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  My wife and I plan on making a trip to Spain either this coming summer or next summer, and I'm a huge fan of flamenco guitar. Which parts of Spain have the best music scene for catching some great flamenco guitarists? I was thinking about Seville, but I would love to hear some suggestions from anyone who lives in, or has been to Spain and is familiar with the music scene.

Probably necroposting now and incurring the wrath of various forum gods, but if you are still interested, without doubt, the best place is Granada in the Albazin - and old hill-town carved into the rocks above the old town. Some of the best Flamenco guitarists play there.

Also on the coast, look out for tablaos in places like Nerja.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
09-01-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: Anybody Here From Spain Or Familiar With The Flamenco Guitar Scene In Spain?
Since the necroposting has begun, why not go on?

I'm not Spanish, but I have a good friend who is. He says definitely Sevilla, especially in the Triana neighbourhood and especially a bar called Gitanería. Also in the street Alfarería there is a bar called El Mantoncillo which is well-known.

He also mentioned some specific places that are recommended in Spanish articles in Cadiz and Granada if you are interested.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
15-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Thank you very much for the help! I'm definitely going to check those places out!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain