Anybody Wanna Buy A Nuclear Warhead?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Anybody Wanna Buy A Nuclear Warhead?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...=402578832

Just Kidding. It's only an inert training round for the now defunct 280mm M65 'Atomic Annie' tactical nuclear artillery piece. Might make a good conversation piece next to the coffee table and this month's issue of Vogue.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-03-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Anybody Wanna Buy A Nuclear Warhead?
(25-03-2014 12:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...=402578832

Just Kidding. It's only an inert training round for the now defunct 280mm M65 'Atomic Annie' tactical nuclear artillery piece. Might make a good conversation piece next to the coffee table and this month's issue of Vogue.

That would look great sitting next to my WWII era Geiger Counter...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Got any real ones? I could use a couple. Any volume discount?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-03-2014, 10:51 PM
(25-03-2014 12:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...=402578832

That's almost, but not quite as bad, as the Davy Crockett nuclear recoilless rifle; where you had to dig a foxhole before using it because it's range was so limited that the person who fired it would be within the weapon's own blast radius.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
26-03-2014, 09:01 AM
(25-03-2014 10:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

That's almost, but not quite as bad, as the Davy Crockett nuclear recoilless rifle; where you had to dig a foxhole before using it because it's range was so limited that the person who fired it would be within the weapon's own blast radius.

Facepalm

No No No

Seriously... someone thought that might be a good idea?? How do you pitch that?

"Well, we've got this new weapon design. You fire a small bomb out of a tripod mounted gun."

so far so good, sounds like mortar.

"Yeah, just like mortar, except a bigger explosion."

how big?

"We'll make the explosion so big that it might kill the guy firing it"

uuhhhhh....

"Yeah! And we'll make it a nuke, too. That'll show em!"

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
26-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Isn't that a punchline for a dilbert comic?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post