Anybody else get picked on at school for being athesit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Everytime someone asks me "what are you?" (referring to religion), I automatically say I am atheist ( no shame :3). Then, all of a sudden, hell breaks lose. "OMG LIEK YOURE GOING TO HELL" "DEVIL WORSHIPER" "HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ALL THIS NATURE AND EVERYTHING AROUND US? OBVIOUSLY THERE IS A GOD". This forum gives me hope when my days end up with dealing people like that .. They're points are far from ever being valid. So yeah. I'd like to hear about all y'all's experiences :3
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like theatheistcat's post
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: Anybody else get picked on at school for being athesit?
(08-04-2014 09:33 PM)theatheistcat Wrote:  Everytime someone asks me "what are you?" (referring to religion), I automatically say I am atheist ( no shame :3). Then, all of a sudden, hell breaks lose. "OMG LIEK YOURE GOING TO HELL" "DEVIL WORSHIPER" "HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ALL THIS NATURE AND EVERYTHING AROUND US? OBVIOUSLY THERE IS A GOD". This forum gives me hope when my days end up with dealing people like that .. They're points are far from ever being valid. So yeah. I'd like to hear about all y'all's experiences :3

Well, I'm dutch. Let me tell you how it goes in the most densely populated area in the Netherlands.

I'm on a catholic school. Not because of parents or something, I liked the school and my brother went there too. We have 1 class about religion, which also covers some philosophy and a bit of science. We have a gay school pastor who also teaches that class, he's kind of a weirdo to be honest, but he married his boyfriend quite recently.
He also was asking around in the class who believed in a God. Pretty much all people said "not sure" or "not really".

So no, I haven't experienced it. I'm friends with a devout French catholic guy who lives here, talked to him about religion a bit, just some friendly discussion.

I'm glad that you are finding comfort here! People should be more accepting Undecided

[Image: godtroll.php]
09-04-2014, 03:24 PM
(08-04-2014 09:33 PM)theatheistcat Wrote:  Everytime someone asks me "what are you?" (referring to religion), I automatically say I am atheist ( no shame :3). Then, all of a sudden, hell breaks lose. "OMG LIEK YOURE GOING TO HELL" "DEVIL WORSHIPER" "HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ALL THIS NATURE AND EVERYTHING AROUND US? OBVIOUSLY THERE IS A GOD". This forum gives me hope when my days end up with dealing people like that .. They're points are far from ever being valid. So yeah. I'd like to hear about all y'all's experiences :3

The great thing about Australia is that people generally don't give a shit, and religion is on top of the 'No Fucks Given' hit-list, plus my generation is both the least religious and the likes likely to care about it.

So no, I have never been bullied about my being an atheist.

My bullying experiences have come from naturally being a loner and my tendency to be fairly soft-spoken, well controlled and non-retaliating sort of individual.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
09-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Nearly everyday dude. Undecided it really hurts my feelings when people ignore me for simply religious reasons... Especially when I view them to. Be pretty awesome.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-04-2014, 05:45 PM
No body give a shit in my school. I sometimes get a your going to hell but a respond to "Ya I am going to all of the hells." They don't get it because they only know their own religion.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Most don't care except to joke a bit, and I get a little recognition. But there are enough atheists in my grade to the point where it is spread out.

There are these two annoying girls who say weird insults that make little since even to my Christian friends, but I always found them annoying.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2014, 12:47 PM
In England, being a Atheist/Agnostic is the norm so it isn't such a big deal, but my friend who lives in California and goes to a Jewish school because of her parents is bullied badly for being an atheist.

Thank god I'm Atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes TheRightWingAthiest's post