Anybody else having trouble downloading the podcasts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Anybody else having trouble downloading the podcasts?
Hello everybody
I am a big fan, and used to listen to the podcasts every week on my Android phone. Something happened after the December 18th episode - I can no longer download the podcasts. I've tried different podcast players, deleting and re-loading the category, etc.. I've done a web search to see if there is any other solution. Every other podcast works perfectly.

Does anybody else have the problem or, more importantly, a solution? Listening on a PC is not an alternative ...

Thanks in advance for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Anybody else having trouble downloading the podcasts?
Seth posted something about it on Facebook the other day. You need to delete your subscription and then re subscribe to the podcast. Make sure it is the most recent feed. It should have the "atheism and sexuality" which was the latest podcast in it. If that's not there then you are looking at an obsolete feed.
17-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Sometimes I see the podcasts before they are actually there. Ergo, the topic is there but the date is some future date since Seth has a topic lined up but hasn't actually done the podcast yet. Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out where I was going wrong there.

Evolve
17-01-2013, 12:05 PM
(17-01-2013 10:51 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Seth posted something about it on Facebook the other day. You need to delete your subscription and then re subscribe to the podcast. Make sure it is the most recent feed. It should have the "atheism and sexuality" which was the latest podcast in it. If that's not there then you are looking at an obsolete feed.
Thanks - i've actually deleted the feed and even tried a different podcast player and I still just get Dec 18th as the last podcast Sad
17-01-2013, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 12:58 PM by Anjele.)
I can't get Itunes to keep up with my subscription any more and I can't manually download them either although I can with some other podcasts. I may delete and try subscribing again...I hate the newest version of Itunes...seems to be when it all went to crap.
I hate sotware 'upgrades'.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-01-2013, 12:42 PM
(17-01-2013 12:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't get Itunes to keep up with my subscription any more and I can't manually download them either although I can with some other podcasts. I may delte and try subscribing again...I hate the newest version of Itunes...seems to be when it all went to crap.
I hate sotware 'upgrades'.
Interesting: I am not using iTunes (partly because the bloatware got to me) I'm using BeyondPod and Podkicker and neither work. Maybe its something at the source?

ps - I stop at Dec 12, 2012. All my other podcasts are up to date, just TTA.
17-01-2013, 01:00 PM
About the same date for me, mid December.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Here Is the feed for itunes if anyone needs to manually download it.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Thumbsup I deleted the podcast and subscribed again, will see if it updates like it should next week. Thanks FSM.

18-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm having the same problem. Deleting the podcast and re-subscribing did not work for me. I use Beyondpod on android. I downloaded the last few podcasts from this website and used my usb cable to put them on my phone but that is a hassle I hope they fix it soon....