Anybody practice martial arts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2012, 03:57 AM
RE: Anybody practice martial arts?
(23-07-2012 03:14 AM)Filox Wrote:  Shit, everyone be careful of bemore, that guy is all messed up... Krav maga? Jesus.

I did Aikido for a couple of years, then I stopped for a few years and now I'm waitng for the summer to pass, so I can return to it.

Bemore, watch it, my defence is better than your offence...

Big Grin
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw3HOSw6KQVSkLR5jopSM...FxZNcfODhw]

Have little fear my friend..... ive seen the sticks you aikido guys carry and they are some roughneck shit..... I only fight in defense anyway, just enough so I can run off (being serious about the running off bit)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Hey, how are we going to fight, if we are both on defensive, ready to run away? That would be a blast to watch...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-07-2012, 08:03 AM
A friend of mine teaches Fung Fu and I found it the most fluid of all the arts. I seen allot come through our Civic Center when I was the house man (Stagehand)there. I seen everything and Fung Fu impressed me the most. I seen a 70 year old man laying flat on the ground and jerk his body so fast he was up on his feet in a blink of a eye. He came from China out of the temple. He was amazing.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
23-07-2012, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 07:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-07-2012 03:14 AM)Filox Wrote:  I did Aikido for a couple of years, then I stopped for a few years and now I'm waitng for the summer to pass, so I can return to it.

Jesus was a master of Aikido. See Luke 4:29-30. Just more support for the theory that he was complicit in his suicide by cop crucifixion.

But Aikido, bah, I'd still fucking throw his scrawny ass out of the dohyƍ.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-07-2012, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 09:52 PM by Atothetheist.)
I don't need Martial Arts, when you as skinny as me, running will get me( and more importantly, my ass) the fuck out of any trouble with easy and quickness

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
23-07-2012, 09:56 PM

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-07-2012, 09:58 PM
(23-07-2012 09:56 PM)bemore Wrote:  

Exactly like that! Except I say "Protect my ass! Protect my ass!"

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
23-07-2012, 11:46 PM
(23-07-2012 09:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Exactly like that! Except I say "Protect my ass! Protect my ass!"

That sounds like the battle cry of Arthur from The Tick cartoon: "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE!"

I've dabbled in various styles over the years. I did some Taekwondo when I was ten, boxing when I was a teen, and, most recently, Filipino boxing. It is a mixture of Chinese, Spanish, and native Filipino techniques. It is also known for its knife fighting. It was the knife fighting style used in the Tommy Lee Jones film The Hunted (2003). I took the summer off from practicing because I wanted to devote it to research into my new major. I hope to go back eventually.

I've been researching martial arts history for years. You can read one of my papers here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2012, 03:30 AM
I did judo as a kid but I was too scrawny to use it in real world situations.

A friend of mine claimed to be nearly a black belt in karate then got his ass kicked in school by picking on a kid who really was a black belt. Turned out he was a yellow belt. I went along to his club anyway and stuck with it much longer than he did. Karate gave me a lot more personal confidence and useful technique.

I tried Kung Fu briefly for something a bit more fluid and Tai Chi for relaxation but I still go back to karate or kick boxing classes when i get time and find a decent instructor.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post
05-10-2012, 04:00 AM
(24-07-2012 03:30 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  I did judo as a kid but I was too scrawny to use it in real world situations.

A friend of mine claimed to be nearly a black belt in karate then got his ass kicked in school by picking on a kid who really was a black belt. Turned out he was a yellow belt. I went along to his club anyway and stuck with it much longer than he did. Karate gave me a lot more personal confidence and useful technique.

I tried Kung Fu briefly for something a bit more fluid and Tai Chi for relaxation but I still go back to karate or kick boxing classes when i get time and find a decent instructor.

I also practised Tai Chi for a few years...there were quite a few elderly people in my group who believe that it cured their back problems...but after examining some of the theory behind it, there are some seriously questionable ideas there...at least in the style I practised (yang style), Chen Man Ch'ing writes that you need to concentrate your Chi into your belly, and eventually when it boils it travels up your spine and hardens your bones.

My brother is really into Kraf Maga, now that is some serious shit...and makes so much more sense.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user