Anybody wanna buy a stealth warship?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Anybody wanna buy a stealth warship?
From CNN.

The Navy is selling the Sea Shadow, a prototype stealth surface warship designed and built by Lockheed Martin in the early 1990's to test low observable (stealth) technologies for surface vessels and to explore its capabilities as an air defense vessel for carrier battle groups. The Pentagon is auctioning it off so it does not have to pay for continuing maintenance costs on the vessel. It's brutally functional and won't win a beauty contest in the world of mega yachts but you get a docking barge with it. Bidding starts at $10,000. All bids are due today by 6pm.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/03/her...alth-ship/

[Image: 120503022728-sea-shadow-story-top.jpg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Anybody wanna buy a stealth warship?
Awesome... I'm definitely gonna put a bid in.

[Image: opforum1.png]
04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
(04-05-2012 09:04 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Awesome... I'm definitely gonna put a bid in.

Dang. Just got mine via "Buy Now" on eBay. Prob paid too much. Don't leave home without it. Looks like the Hummer will look great along side it. Perfect match for Pink Elephant Technology's museum tours.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
If I had the money I would serously buy it. When I was a kid I learned about it and thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Of course, at the time I assumed it was the platform of the future and not just a test vehicle.

[Image: seashadow-500.jpg]

Looks cooler head on.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Damn I wish I was rich. I'd seriously consider buying it.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. I mean look at it. If I'm going to take over the world then I'm going to do so in something with style.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
(04-05-2012 09:51 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. I mean look at it. If I'm going to take over the world then I'm going to do so in something with style.
If you buy it, we'll paint it pink just for you and your world domination campaign. Thumbsup

Edit: I'll even buy you some Hello Kitty decals for it!

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post