Anyone ..........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Anyone ..........
Anyone else awesome enough to love the Warriors Orochi series or is it just me?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
24-05-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Anyone ..........
Dynasty warriors is where its at son.
GOML.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Who???
Why???
What???
When???
How???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-05-2012, 07:48 AM
(24-05-2012 10:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dynasty warriors is where its at son.
GOML.

Natural progression is from Dynasty Warriors to Samurai Warriors to Warriors Orochi.

All three are fucking awesome, if you've only played Dynasty I suggest you get your hands on the other two.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
25-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I remember once upon a fucking long time ago, I went to my friend Randis house.

He was sitting there playing some version of one of those games, who can tell which one. I sat down and watched for a little while, as it had co-op I believe but he only had one controller.
Anyway, I sat there for like ten minutes transfixed by what was on the screen in front of me. It seemed so awesome and immense in scale (though at that time draw distances were ... embarrassing) So many enemies. So many colors.

Then he let me play. About ten minutes in I'd had enough. It was so booooooorrrrriiiinnnnngggg. Hack slash, hack slash, special, hack slash, wash rinse repeat forever.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Fair call, I can only say I have played Dynasty Warriors (though in my defense I used to own 3, 4 and 5 on ps2 and now own 6 on 360.)
haven't played the other two.
I'll keep an eye out for it if I see it in the bargain bin. Tongue

@Bemore, they're hack and slash action games. press X to slash, press Y to hack, press XXY for slash slash stomp ground etc... Tons of enemies on a big battlefield (allied and non-allied), enemy officers act as mini-bosses. Enemy general acting as main boss. Level up characters (in a way), get better weapons etc... all that good stuff.
Highly repetitive but highly addictive.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
25-05-2012, 09:07 AM
currently stuck on 7, they really put a lot more focus on it for the dynasty story. want to get orochi 3 but not yet. i'm upset I got rid of my wii before samurai warriors 3 came out for it.

Repetitive is not always so bad, I happen to remember a time when that was pretty much all we had =p
orochi 3 came first right? wondering if bao sanniang is in there. She's all kitty focused with her musous so of course my favorite =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
25-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Just you...

Hey! Anyone wanna go skinny dipping???

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
25-05-2012, 11:05 AM
(25-05-2012 09:07 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  currently stuck on 7, they really put a lot more focus on it for the dynasty story. want to get orochi 3 but not yet. i'm upset I got rid of my wii before samurai warriors 3 came out for it.

Repetitive is not always so bad, I happen to remember a time when that was pretty much all we had =p
orochi 3 came first right? wondering if bao sanniang is in there. She's all kitty focused with her musous so of course my favorite =p

Dyansty 7 came before Orochi 3. In fact, I think Dynasty 7: XL came before Orochi 3. I know Bao Sanniang is defo in Orochi 3. So are all the Jin characters plus some characters from non-warriors games.

Himiko is the best character!

Best
Worst
25-05-2012, 11:14 AM
great, and orochi is back to character unique skillsets right? I like 7s weapon change focus, but it would be nice to also have the original form.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.