Anyone Been To A Protest About Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone Been To A Protest About Trump?
Being in my conservative home, I always hear Fox News downstairs, or Sean Hanity on the radio to school.

These protests, most of what I hear I know to be lies. The internet doesn't provide much insight about these people.

So I have some to anyone on here who has been to these protests. From what you've heard conservatives say about it, to what actually is happening.

Sorry if I'm vague, but I can't give one exact link because of how much I've heard about it from different links.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Anyone Been To A Protest About Trump?
I haven't been... yet. But I'm sure that I will be soon enough. I wish I had done the women's march, though.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
01-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I went to the women's march in Edinburgh here in Scotland. I actually get really nervous of crowds so I didn't stay too long but it had a good atmosphere.

There was another march a few weeks later in Edinburgh which was huge but I was so busy with deadlines that I couldn't go.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-03-2017, 03:56 PM
I attended the local women's march. It was peaceful, and very well-attended (175,000+). Mostly speakers, some music/song and chanting.
I made a sign about 'grabbing these' which was a bunch of hands with the words: tolerance, love, hope, peace, equality, etc.

The attendees were young and old, all genders. It was refreshing and sorely needed after the inauguration.

I have read enough comments online to know there is some real hatred toward women, whether people choose to see it or not. People don't like to talk about misogyny, but it exists and is a real fucking problem.

The marches were important because they sent a unified message.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
01-03-2017, 04:14 PM
I've gone to two of them. The Women's March, there were about 70 thousand people and all was peaceful, and then I went to another smaller one with about 800 people attending. I've went to a town hall meeting last weekend and a community meeting of concerned citizens a few weeks before. We discussed grassroots resistance against trump. All was peaceful. I wasn't paid to go. As a matter of fact, you can tell your conservative neighbors I'd PAY money out of my own pocket or take a day off of work with no monetary compensation to attend a march or meeting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-03-2017, 06:10 AM
No, however there is one in my city soon. I think it is some kind of women's march. I was thinking about checking it out, but we'll see.
06-03-2017, 06:27 AM
What's the point?

They have this organized thingie to show your displeasure with politicians....

It' called an "election"...

And if you don't like any of the candidates you can show your displeasure by staying home..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-03-2017, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 07:06 AM by Lucipurr.)
(06-03-2017 06:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What's the point?

And if you don't like any of the candidates you can show your displeasure by staying home..

You're making the assumption that I would be going to protest against Trump, while that is a fair one, that's not what I would be doing. I'm not even in the US so the protests against him over here are pointless.

Unless you weren't talking to me, in that case, sorry for the misunderstanding.
06-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Friends of mine have gone to various protest marches and have enjoyed the experience. Not only did they stand up to be counted as part of the opposition, they made connections and gained ideas and energy for what's going to be a long fight.

I was amused to read the coverage about the March 4 Trump events this past weekend, which attracted "hundreds" (or in some cases "dozens" or "scores") of people, compared to the thousands of people who've marched in protest of puppet.

Not planning to sit home and wait meekly until the next election, thank you very much. I want legislators to feel hot breath on their necks, 24/7. Every legislator should wake up daily understanding that their every action can be publicized and scrutinized. And whether I voted for them or an opponent is irrelevant to my right to critique their actions; once they have the job, they are working for me.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
06-03-2017, 07:02 PM
(06-03-2017 06:59 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 06:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What's the point?

You're making the assumption that I would be going to protest against Trump, while that is a fair one, that's not what I would be doing. I'm not even in the US so the protests against him over here are pointless.

Unless you weren't talking to me, in that case, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Was addressing the OP.,...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.