Anyone Know Any Good Bands?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: Anyone Know Any Good Bands?
(15-06-2017 01:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 11:15 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  oh c'mon, someone had to do it [Image: s0830747_sc7?$std$]

[Image: 1-1232907563I7wo.jpg]

Because any good Pittsburgher knows that those are Gumbands. Sleepy

Are you a Pittsburgher?! :O

Born and raised there myself. XD
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
15-06-2017, 02:06 AM
(15-06-2017 01:25 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 01:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 1-1232907563I7wo.jpg]

Because any good Pittsburgher knows that those are Gumbands. Sleepy

Are you a Pittsburgher?! :O

I just visited. Spent a good bit of time growing up in the suburbs north of the city, but I did spent a few years attending classes at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, right on the Boulevard of the Allies and a few blocks away from Point Park. I learned enough of the slang to be familiar with it, but none of it stuck; I just enjoy it ironically. Tongue

I mean, I called it Pittsburgh and not Blitzburgh, so clearly I'm an outside pretender. Laugh out load

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-06-2017, 02:14 AM
(15-06-2017 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 01:25 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Are you a Pittsburgher?! :O

I just visited. Spent a good bit of time growing up in the suburbs north of the city, but I did spent a few years attending classes at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, right on the Boulevard of the Allies and a few blocks away from Point Park. I learned enough of the slang to be familiar with it, but none of it stuck; I just enjoy it ironically. Tongue

I mean, I called it Pittsburgh and not Blitzburgh, so clearly I'm an outside pretender. Laugh out load

I lived outside of Pittsburgh for awhile, in New Kensington. D: Town's gone to hell, nowadays.
15-06-2017, 02:20 AM
(15-06-2017 02:14 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I just visited. Spent a good bit of time growing up in the suburbs north of the city, but I did spent a few years attending classes at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, right on the Boulevard of the Allies and a few blocks away from Point Park. I learned enough of the slang to be familiar with it, but none of it stuck; I just enjoy it ironically. Tongue

I lived outside of Pittsburgh for awhile, in New Kensington. D: Town's gone to hell, nowadays.

Cranberry, then Gibsonia. Now I live in a secret lair down by the lake.

Also, I go out of my way to say 'soda' so that my dear Canadian and Australian friend have a fucking clue what I'm talking about. Big Grin

15-06-2017, 03:18 AM
(15-06-2017 02:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 02:14 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  I lived outside of Pittsburgh for awhile, in New Kensington. D: Town's gone to hell, nowadays.

Cranberry, then Gibsonia. Now I live in a secret lair down by the lake.

Also, I go out of my way to say 'soda' so that my dear Canadian and Australian friend have a fucking clue what I'm talking about. Big Grin

Blasphemer! We both know it's pop. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
15-06-2017, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 03:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-06-2017 03:18 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 02:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Cranberry, then Gibsonia. Now I live in a secret lair down by the lake.

Blasphemer! We both know it's pop. Laugh out load

Well, you and I know that, but the rest of these heathens don't know shit.

They also have no idea what a spicket is, or what a road is like when it gets slippy.

Also, buffalo wings, turns out that is a regional food too. Who'd have thought?

But seriously, for everyone else who's not native to the north eastern United States, if you have a chance to visit, get yourself some buffalo wings. Chicken wings and drumsticks just absolutely drenched in buffalo sauce; often served with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing, and celery or carrots to take the edge off. Much like the hamburger, there a dozens of regional variants; both in terms of variants on buffalo sauce (itself typically on the spicy side), to honey-barbecue, honey-mustard, mesquite, cajun, buter and garlic, or even dry ranch. But it's not authentic buffalo wings, unless they're wet with sauce, and they're spicy enough to clear your sinuses from smell alone.

[Image: 810da546b52209113c3a009e470805ee.jpg]

15-06-2017, 03:34 AM
(15-06-2017 03:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:18 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Blasphemer! We both know it's pop. Laugh out load

Well, you and I know that, but the rest of these heathens don't know shit.

They also have no idea what a spicket is, or what a road is like when it gets slippy.

Also, buffalo wings, turns out that is a regional food too. Who'd have thought?

I didn't even realize those weren't universal! O.o
15-06-2017, 03:42 AM
Anyone Know Any Good Bands?

Rubber.
Rubber bands. They're always good.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-06-2017, 03:53 AM
(15-06-2017 03:34 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, buffalo wings, turns out that is a regional food too. Who'd have thought?
I didn't even realize those weren't universal! O.o

[Image: 635880542134609320-1447912981_NGy5m.gif]

Yep. You might see them pop up in more metropolitan areas, but if you asked for them (or something similar) out in Midwest or the South? No dice. Then again, what Southerners consider barbecue is very specific and distinct from grilling, whereas the two are basically interchangeable in the North East.

Coleslaw on sandwiches? That's an almost strictly Pennsylvania thing. Also, the original Philly Cheese-steak sub needs to be made with authentic Cheez Whiz. The more common and widespread variant, typically with Provolone, Swiss, or even American cheese along with onions and red/green bell pepper slices? That is simply not the legit OG Philly cheese-steak. Also, in Philly not only do they pull the meat out of a slow cooker so that it's dripping with juice; it is also customary to then take the entire finished sub and dip the whole damn thing into the meat broth so that it's soaked and dripping wet. You can understand why such a messy practice didn't catch on nearly as much as the sub spread across the region.

But yeah, there are a lot of regional things you can take for granted without knowing it. Tongue

15-06-2017, 03:57 AM
(15-06-2017 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:34 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  I didn't even realize those weren't universal! O.o

[Image: 635880542134609320-1447912981_NGy5m.gif]

Yep. You might see them pop up in more metropolitan areas, but if you asked for them (or something similar) out in Midwest or the South? No dice. Then again, what Southerners consider barbecue is very specific and distinct from grilling, whereas the two are basically interchangeable in the North East.

Coleslaw on sandwiches? That's an almost strictly Pennsylvania thing. Also, the original Philly Cheese-steak sub needs to be made with authentic Cheez Whiz. The more common and widespread variant, typically with Provolone, Swiss, or even American cheese along with onions and red/green bell pepper slices? That is simply not the legit OG Philly cheese-steak. Also, in Philly not only do they pull the meat out of a slow cooker so that it's dripping with juice; it is also customary to then take the entire finished sub and dip the whole damn thing into the meat broth so that it's soaked and dripping wet. You can understand why such a messy practice didn't catch on nearly as much as the sub spread across the region.

But yeah, there are a lot of regional things you can take for granted without knowing it. Tongue

Pennsylvania knows how to do food. XD

Though now I feel like I am a part of a miniature culture. XD