Anyone Know Any Good Bands?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 04:15 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Anyone Know Any Good Bands?
(15-06-2017 03:57 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Pennsylvania knows how to do food. XD

Though now I feel like I am a part of a miniature culture. XD

More fun stupid stuff.

Fuck Idaho and Wisconsin, and their bullshit PR campaigns.

California produces more dairy products than Wisconsin, and Idaho doesn't have shit on Pennsylvania's potato production or consumption. Go figure, both states are far larger than their 'market leading' pretenders. But yeah, you know how you can walk into just about any small Podunk gas station and find dozens of varieties of potato chips (or 'crisps' of you're on the other side of the pond), and usually from a few local brands, but also no beer? That's a combination of being the largest potato producer in the United States, in addition to being one of its the largest consumers (close proximity, go figure). While we're at it, Philadelphia is the pretzel capital of the world, with its citizens consuming more pretzels per-capitia than any other city. Also, the inability to buy beer in gas stations (honestly, probably for the best) is a hold of from archaic 'blue laws', themselves stemming for the state's colonial foundations established by the Quakers.

Also, New Jersey? I can fill up my own gas tank, thanks. That mandatory attendant shit is creepy. Nobody touches my motorcycle but me.

Also, the 'Pennsylvania Dutch' are actually of German heritage. Deutschland (literally, German for Germany) got misconstrued as 'Dutchland' or Dutch, and much like the native 'Indians', the misnomer has far outlived people being corrected over it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2017, 05:27 AM
(15-06-2017 04:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:57 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Pennsylvania knows how to do food. XD

Though now I feel like I am a part of a miniature culture. XD

More fun stupid stuff.

Fuck Idaho and Wisconsin, and their bullshit PR campaigns.

California produces more dairy products than Wisconsin, and Idaho doesn't have shit on Pennsylvania's potato production or consumption. Go figure, both states are far larger than their 'market leading' pretenders. But yeah, you know how you can walk into just about any small Podunk gas station and find dozens of varieties of potato chips (or 'crisps' of you're on the other side of the pond), and usually from a few local brands, but also no beer? That's a combination of being the largest potato producer in the United States, in addition to being one of its the largest consumers (close proximity, go figure). While we're at it, Philadelphia is the pretzel capital of the world, with its citizens consuming more pretzels per-capitia than any other city. Also, the inability to buy beer in gas stations (honestly, probably for the best) is a hold of from archaic 'blue laws', themselves stemming for the state's colonial foundations established by the Quakers.

Also, New Jersey? I can fill up my own gas tank, thanks. That mandatory attendant shit is creepy. Nobody touches my motorcycle but me.

Also, the 'Pennsylvania Dutch' are actually of German heritage. Deutschland (literally, German for Germany) got misconstrued as 'Dutchland' or Dutch, and much like the native 'Indians', the misnomer has far outlived people being corrected over it.

Ooo. Might explain why there are so many varieties of pretzels where I am living currently... O.o

Haha! I keep trying to tell my mother-in-law about the Pennsylvania Dutch. She is convinced they have their own language when it is just a dialectic difference between itself and German. Though, apparently, through a friend I know from Germany it is very difficult for other Germans to understand regional slang...
15-06-2017, 06:19 AM
(15-06-2017 05:27 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Haha! I keep trying to tell my mother-in-law about the Pennsylvania Dutch. She is convinced they have their own language when it is just a dialectic difference between itself and German. Though, apparently, through a friend I know from Germany it is very difficult for other Germans to understand regional slang...

Take someone who was born and raised in Manhattan, then place them in a room to talk with someone who likewise was born and raised in London with an equally strong Cockney accent. They'll have a lot of trouble talking with each other, and they're separated by even less time.

Hell, I have trouble understanding modern Southern dialects, such as the French influenced Cajun accent of New Orleans.

But I'll be damned is some of those accents aren't damned sexy at times too. Er, the UK and Aussie ones. Don't much care for southern belles, but I'll listen to Kate Beckinsale read the phone book.

15-06-2017, 06:22 AM
(15-06-2017 06:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 05:27 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Haha! I keep trying to tell my mother-in-law about the Pennsylvania Dutch. She is convinced they have their own language when it is just a dialectic difference between itself and German. Though, apparently, through a friend I know from Germany it is very difficult for other Germans to understand regional slang...

Take someone who was born and raised in Manhattan, then place them in a room to talk with someone who likewise was born and raised in London with an equally strong Cockney accent. They'll have a lot of trouble talking with each other, and they're separated by even less time.

Hell, I have trouble understanding modern Southern dialects, such as the French influenced Cajun accent of New Orleans.

I tried to send a video to my German friend of Larry the Cable Guy talking once... He could understand him well. D:
Meanwhile, I'm an American and I can barely understand what comes out of that man's mouth. Go figure. Laugh out load
15-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Nickelback...

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-06-2017, 06:40 AM
(15-06-2017 06:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nickelback...

[Image: tumblr_inline_opt79mS57c1ugclir_540.gif]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 11:09 AM
(15-06-2017 03:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:18 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Blasphemer! We both know it's pop. Laugh out load

Well, you and I know that, but the rest of these heathens don't know shit.

They also have no idea what a spicket is, or what a road is like when it gets slippy.

Also, buffalo wings, turns out that is a regional food too. Who'd have thought?

But seriously, for everyone else who's not native to the north eastern United States, if you have a chance to visit, get yourself some buffalo wings. Chicken wings and drumsticks just absolutely drenched in buffalo sauce; often served with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing, and celery or carrots to take the edge off. Much like the hamburger, there a dozens of regional variants; both in terms of variants on buffalo sauce (itself typically on the spicy side), to honey-barbecue, honey-mustard, mesquite, cajun, buter and garlic, or even dry ranch. But it's not authentic buffalo wings, unless they're wet with sauce, and they're spicy enough to clear your sinuses from smell alone.

[Image: 810da546b52209113c3a009e470805ee.jpg]

We have buffalo wings in rural Indiana, and they are exactly as you describe. Not even that close to like Chicago either.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.