Anyone care to help me refute this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 03:30 AM
RE: Anyone care to help me refute this?
(24-04-2014 02:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 02:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, I did it right; my part starts at the second page in Comic Sans font. It works in Word for me when I re-downloaded it, but just to be sure, I replaced it.

I see it now. It's all the same font in libre office (not surprisingly). It's never that compatible.

EDIT: Read it. Good response! I was basically skimming the document by the time he got down to the tired argument about life violating the second law of thermodynamics. Glad you spotted it.

Thanks! Big Grin
I was kinda of worried about putting it up to be honest, for the same reason I'm terrified of handing up school assignments; when I screw up I can't help but feel bad.

But I will never miss an Argumentum Ad Thermodynamics II. I've debunked that more times than I care to count; it's counter is permanently lodged in my brain.
As a bonus, in terms of my biology studies genetics and ecology (especially populations and evolution) are my strong points.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Wow! Thanks everyone! This is fantastic and fascinating stuff! Even if he doesn't read the responses that I send him, I'm learning a lot myself. I hope that's reward enough!
24-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Yeah, what everybody else said.

There is no scientific distinction between "macro" and "micro" evolution because they are detailing the EXACT same process on different scales. Only creationists make this distinction, and it's little more than a pathetic ad hoc excuse. "Micro" evolution CAN be observed, and since creationists like to spout that "evolution can't be observed," they just ignore this direct slap in their face by labeling these clear examples of evolution in action as being distinct from the mechanics of evolution on larger organisms. They aren't distinct, they are both examples of the same process: evolution.

Saying that you believe in "microevolution" but not "macroevolution" is non-sensical; that's like saying that you believe in evolution, but that you also don't. Scale is irrelevant in the theory's veracity.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-04-2014, 07:02 AM
I showed the creator of the paper this thread and your responses, and while he has predictably denied many responses (and gotten upset that so many people picked on his poor spelling and grammar - saying it "shows what kind of people they are"), he wanted me to thank you all for responding. He says he's planning to rework the paper.
[+] 1 user Likes TheInsignificantAtheist's post
25-04-2014, 09:10 AM
(25-04-2014 07:02 AM)TheInsignificantAtheist Wrote:  I showed the creator of the paper this thread and your responses, and while he has predictably denied many responses (and gotten upset that so many people picked on his poor spelling and grammar - saying it "shows what kind of people they are"), he wanted me to thank you all for responding. He says he's planning to rework the paper.

Oh boy... Rolleyes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-04-2014, 10:18 AM
It's a ******* PAPER FOR GOD'S SAKE! THIS ISN'T A **** DIARY ENTRY! Spelling and grammar? Well, GEE WHIZ! Maybe we should just forget all standards for peer review too! If you're going to PRESENT SOMETHING TO OTHER PEOPLE, MAKE IT ******* PRESENTABLE! ****!

[/rant]
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
25-04-2014, 10:24 AM
We do apologize for this outburst. We would like to assure the public that all expressions of thought will be given equal consideration without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation or level of education or intelligence.

Regards,

Management.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
25-04-2014, 10:25 AM
No! stfu management! That "writer" needs to be confined to the grammar ghetto!
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
25-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Cuppa?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
25-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Yes please.