Anyone current or ex-Military?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Anyone current or ex-Military?
I was just curious, the thought hit me and I wondered how many TTA members are active duty military, US or otherwise, or ex military.

I joined the US Navy at 17 yo, and I will retire at 30 years June of 2016. Time flies when you are having fun, or something like that....so respond if you are or have served and ring the bell!

[Image: 2uhv97s.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Anyone current or ex-Military?
Did a stint in the Army in the early 80s.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-05-2014, 09:04 PM
(08-05-2014 08:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Did a stint in the Army in the early 80s.

Awesome! My mother and father both did a tour in the Army. I was actually going into the Army, had everything signed except for my real mom's parental consent as I was 17 yo....so as the Army was taking their sweet time getting that, a friend of mine was telling me all of these "cool" stories his Navy recruiter had told him and invited me to meet him, the next day we went by and this guy was spinning yarns like benny hinn, then he said hey, if I can get your parental consent before the Army, will you join the Navy, I was like sure...the next day he called and said come on down, I have it in my hand. It seems he simply called the local sheriff in my mom's town, and faxed it to him, he went out to the farm, got it signed, faxed it to Florida and the rest is history....

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I grew up as an army brat Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I served in the US Army 82nd Airborne Division from 2000-2003. I joined right out of high school as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
09-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Currently my 12th year in the Belgian armed forces (senior NCO now), joined when I was 18.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Yikes! I'm 17 currently and can't even fathom enlisting in the military as a 5'4 120 pound male. On a slightly unrelated note, have you seen a couple of 'small fries' in the military?

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM
(10-05-2014 01:57 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Yikes! I'm 17 currently and can't even fathom enlisting in the military as a 5'4 120 pound male. On a slightly unrelated note, have you seen a couple of 'small fries' in the military?

Well, I am a 5'4" female and when I was in I weighed about 110.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Wait, you mean there are people who enjoy being in the army? Blink

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I am a draft dogder. I really have better things to do on weekends than masturbating in a a forest at the Hungarian border.

Tongue

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post