Anyone current or ex-Military?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Anyone current or ex-Military?
Hmmm...our training was a little different... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 02:34 PM
(10-05-2014 02:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hmmm...our training was a little different... Consider

If I was born and raised elsewhere I might have joined.

I would have joined the German army and I actualy applied for the royal marines when I was 19, but got rejected because I had spent my childhood in Austria. So the only other I option I had for some proper military training would have been the French foreign legion or the Taliban. But bot were somewhat to extreme for me.

And the Austrian army is just a bunch of underequipt and uneducated underachievers.

Heard several really weird stories which would be funny if they werent so sad.

I could join the German army now, but I think I would get rejected due to the fat I aquired.

But I dont feel like I missed anything anyway.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
10-05-2014, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 03:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-05-2014 02:16 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am a draft dogder. I really have better things to do on weekends than masturbating in a a forest at the Hungarian border.

hmmmm .... Consider ... might be okay. What season we talkin'?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Does military High School count ?
(I did run away though ... so I guess that makes me AWOL).
Hut two three four.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I was in the Navy in the early 90's. It was a great experience but I started a family and didn't want to spend so much time away from them. I actively encourage all young people to at least give the military a try. It's a good career for many and a good experience for nearly everyone.
10-05-2014, 10:50 PM
(10-05-2014 02:01 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Wait, you mean there are people who enjoy being in the army? Blink

oh yes. My dad and my uncle are living proof. They have matching tattoos on their forearms of like, AK-47s or something that say "brothers in arms". I really can't decide if it's nice or insane, but they really revel in their army life.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
11-05-2014, 04:14 AM
(10-05-2014 10:50 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:01 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Wait, you mean there are people who enjoy being in the army? Blink

oh yes. My dad and my uncle are living proof. They have matching tattoos on their forearms of like, AK-47s or something that say "brothers in arms". I really can't decide if it's nice or insane, but they really revel in their army life.

Reminds me of a kid I teach. He's only 10 and he plays Call of Duty and says that he wants to be a cop because he wants to kill people. I wasn't sure about whether I should freak out or say to myself "he's just a kid and he doesn't know what killing is".

Anyway my point was, apart from all the gun lovers and discipline junkies, why would anyone love the army? I wonder if it depends on the country (I think Americans tend to associate the army with peace more than others) because here in Greece (where military service is obligatory for all men), there are only two reasons why one would choose to stay in the army:

-You go to a military school because the money is really good
-You are a war-loving, bloodthirsty asshole

Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-05-2014, 04:24 AM
(11-05-2014 04:14 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I think Americans tend to associate the army with peace more than others

You just gave my brain a magical ride in the spinning transcendental teapot. Blink

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
11-05-2014, 04:25 AM
(11-05-2014 04:24 AM)John Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 04:14 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I think Americans tend to associate the army with peace more than others

You just gave my brain a magical ride in the spinning transcendental teapot. Blink

How exactly did I do that? Just saying, if it's so easy, I want it too Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-05-2014, 04:37 AM
(11-05-2014 04:14 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Reminds me of a kid I teach. He's only 10 and he plays Call of Duty and says that he wants to be a cop because he wants to kill people. I wasn't sure about whether I should freak out or say to myself "he's just a kid and he doesn't know what killing is".
Are the Police in Greece militarized?