Anyone else better off with the economy being shit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Anyone else better off with the economy being shit?
Here is my situation. About a year ago, I bought a house. I have never been able to get a job that pays any better than 12 dollars an hour. As of right now, I make 11. I was teased heavily in school, so I have always had a fear of it. Deep down I know that it is irrational, however that being said I just can't bring myself to go back to school. I have always noticed that people that have a good thing going, fear change. They want things to stay exactly as they are, even though life sucks for someone else. As long as they are good, they don't really care what is going on. As of late, things have started to suck for people who have always had it good and have gotten better for me. So many people who were home owners are no longer, and I am now a home owner. I don't know how I can possibly care about those that lost their homes, when so many of them looked down their noses at people like me only a few years ago. My job is secure and unless taxes go way up or something else goes way up in price, I am unlikely to lose my house. I can't help but feel that now is the time to change minds about the government and maybe change things for the better. Part of me is saying that I should do as everyone else did when they had money. Shut up, don't make waves, and try to vote to keep the economy in the shitter, because that is the only reason I was able to buy a house. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 05:22 AM
RE: Anyone else better off with the economy being shit?
Maybe I need to add to my previous post. I really want to do something about the situation. For years I have been telling people that something like this was going to happen. The high paying jobs have been disappearing for a long time now. Does anyone know how we might go about fixing this? Or should I just shut up and say "Better them than me."?
13-09-2012, 05:32 AM
We could kill the people with the high paying jobs and take on their life. Smile

[Image: opforum1.png]
13-09-2012, 05:42 AM
(13-09-2012 05:32 AM)frankiej Wrote:  We could kill the people with the high paying jobs and take on their life. Smile

I was thinking more of trying to get people see their errors in who they are or have been voting for. The problem is the filthy rich people that obviously don't value for anyone but themselves. We need to change the power structure and with so many people now in the boat I used to be in, maybe they will listen to reason now.
13-09-2012, 05:52 AM
(13-09-2012 05:32 AM)frankiej Wrote:  We could kill the people with the high paying jobs and take on their life. Smile

Dodgy