Anyone else buying Halo 4?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Anyone else buying Halo 4?
(10-11-2012 10:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What the hell is everyone talking about? How in the fuck is Halo 4 ripping off Call of Duty? I have had this game for four full days now, and there is no similarity whatsoever. That's why Halo is better.

The campaign was long and SUPER sad though. I mean, the end is emotional as shit.
I didn't think people meant that they were ripping off COD, I thought people meant that they are pulling the one game every year bullshit that they do with COD... and various other titles *cough*Assassins Creed*cough*. It gets tiring and tedious very quickly.

I will admit that Halo is miles better than COD though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I picked it up earlier today. Ended up powering through it. Have to admitt it's a pretty good shooter. Although I still can't work out why they felt the need to continue the chiefs story.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, odds are I wont even bother with it.
10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I enjoyed the series, but Halo 3's ending seemed like a good place to stop.
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
(03-11-2012 01:02 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I will not be getting call of halo4
......................................fuck

I really, really, hate it when I have to eat my words.

I bought Halo 4 and am enjoying it............fuck.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 4 users Like Hamata k's post
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Welp... that certainly took long. You are now the master of ultra quick turn arounds.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
10-11-2012, 08:43 PM
(10-11-2012 10:08 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 10:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What the hell is everyone talking about? How in the fuck is Halo 4 ripping off Call of Duty? I have had this game for four full days now, and there is no similarity whatsoever. That's why Halo is better.

The campaign was long and SUPER sad though. I mean, the end is emotional as shit.
I didn't think people meant that they were ripping off COD, I thought people meant that they are pulling the one game every year bullshit that they do with COD... and various other titles *cough*Assassins Creed*cough*. It gets tiring and tedious very quickly.

I will admit that Halo is miles better than COD though.

Halo: Reach release date: 2010 - Producer/Designer: Bungie

Halo 4 release date: 2012 - Producer/Designer: 343 Industries

And don't even mention Halo CE Anniversary. Not only was that a simple graphics tune-up, but they had an exclusive (extremely small team) working on that release since Bungie's days.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
(10-11-2012 08:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Halo: Reach release date: 2010 - Producer/Designer: Bungie

And don't even mention Halo CE Anniversary. Not only was that a simple graphics tune-up, but they had an exclusive (extremely small team) working on that release since Bungie's days.
From 2007 (Halo 3) to today they released 5 Halo games, not including Halo: CE. That's pretty close to 1 a year. In their defense some of the games they released weren't standard shooters, but the "Call of Duty treatment" can also refer to a series that's proven profitable, so it's going to continue regardless of plotline necessity.

Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.
10-11-2012, 11:42 PM
(10-11-2012 10:36 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 08:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Halo: Reach release date: 2010 - Producer/Designer: Bungie

From 2007 (Halo 3) to today they released 5 Halo games, not including Halo: CE. That's pretty close to 1 a year. In their defense some of the games they released weren't standard shooters, but the "Call of Duty treatment" can also refer to a series that's proven profitable, so it's going to continue regardless of plotline necessity.

I have played all 3 previous halo games and loved the story line. My wife won't let me play Halo 4 until the day after Christmas, so I must wait to see if it holds up. Sounds like I won't be disappointed.
11-11-2012, 06:28 AM
(10-11-2012 10:36 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  

Halo: Reach is the only full title that the team has released since Halo 3. Halo Wars was created by Ensemble Studios. Halo ODST was an expansion pack of Halo 3. Halo CE Anniversary Edition was a separate project and a simple graphics boost. Halo 3 - 2007. Halo: Reach - 2010. Halo 4 - 2012.

And, in Call of Duty's defense, there are four fucking companies all developing it. It sucks because the formula is dry, not because they are rushed through it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
11-11-2012, 11:56 PM
(11-11-2012 06:28 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 10:36 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  From 2007 (Halo 3) to today they released 5 Halo games, not including Halo: CE. That's pretty close to 1 a year. In their defense some of the games they released weren't standard shooters, but the "Call of Duty treatment" can also refer to a series that's proven profitable, so it's going to continue regardless of plotline necessity.

Halo: Reach is the only full title that the team has released since Halo 3. Halo Wars was created by Ensemble Studios. Halo ODST was an expansion pack of Halo 3. Halo CE Anniversary Edition was a separate project and a simple graphics boost. Halo 3 - 2007. Halo: Reach - 2010. Halo 4 - 2012.

And, in Call of Duty's defense, there are four fucking companies all developing it. It sucks because the formula is dry, not because they are rushed through it.
I thought there was only two? Treyach and what is it now? Sledgehammer? after that shit with the CEOs from IW.
With Activsion being the publisher, not a developer.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Getting the new halo. Metazoa Zeke 18 265 13-05-2014 07:38 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Rate Halo 4 Robster 0 315 13-12-2012 07:59 PM
Last Post: Robster
  One of my first... yeah, a Halo Montage. AmishLatinJew 0 332 11-06-2012 06:58 PM
Last Post: AmishLatinJew
  Halo: Reach jkshrout 14 1,981 19-10-2011 09:48 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor