Anyone else currently reading the Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Anyone else currently reading the Bible?
(08-05-2015 06:02 PM)Dunkleweizen Wrote:  Kind of reminds me of when atheists attack theists because of verses like Psalm 137: 9 "Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks" when verse 8 stated "Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is the one who repays you according to what you have done to us."

It's a verse that describes the sacking of Jerusalem in 586 BCE. On the verses about the Jews eating their own people (as a prophesy I believe in Ezekiel), archeologists found evidence of that very thing in Jerusalem from that same period.

There is a verse in Ezekiel (and Deuteronomy) about that--but I've never heard of archaeologists finding evidence of Jews eating their own people. I know there was one situation during the Siege of Jerusalem in 70 A.D., where a woman did cook her child due to losing her mind due to famine. But other than that, no I haven't heard of any type of cannibalism. However, I am sure during times of war and famine anything is possible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Anyone else currently reading the Bible?
I saved myself some time and just hit myself in the scrotum with a ballpeen hammer. Same thing.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post