Anyone else decorate this time of year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2017, 09:17 PM
RE: Anyone else decorate this time of year?
There'll be no tree here this year, again -- I simply don't have the room, but for the first time in a loooong while I'm thinking of stringing up some lights -- around the agarita bush in front of my porch. It's perhaps twelve foot tall root to twig, and I've got decent outside power.

My son's coming down for the holiday and a touch of the old days might do him some good. Maybe me, too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Over the years when my kids were young, decorating seemed to grow to a ridiculous level. My kids are grown now with kids of their own...it's their turn.

I have a couple trees made out of ornaments that I added small lights to. They look nice on the mantle adding some color and sparkle. I have a couple pieces that look like they came straight out of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'. One is a tree and one a stack of gifts. I also like them as they add a splash of color. I also have a set of three small trees that look like they were carved from glass but they can also be set to light up in different colors.

No full size regular tree...the cat and the dogs don't need the temptation.

Outside consists of a Christmas tree shaped flag I have had for years and I decorated the glass center of the new front door with some small lights.

I have some goofy things, many have been around for years. I have two different sizes of stuffed Grinches and a stuffed Max. I haven't put out the Charlie Brown tree in a few years but we have a new addition this year. My husband bought two small Mexican folk art goats (made of metal). I bought a Santa hat (made for a cat) that has an attached beard which looks awesomely silly on the smaller one. I also took some red and white small garland and wrapped the horns on the other goat so they look peppermint sticks. I love to throw in something like that that is completely unexpected. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-12-2017, 09:48 PM
I plan to "tie one on" .... is that "decorating" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-12-2017, 09:59 PM
(03-12-2017 09:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I plan to "tie one on" .... is that "decorating" ?

Close enough Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
03-12-2017, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 10:48 PM by dancefortwo.)
(03-12-2017 09:00 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Yup! My family really enjoys Christmas and we have some nice traditions.

Nothing involves Jesus. Promise. Smile

You know, I was kind of a dumb kid and happily oblivious to religion. It didn't occur to me for quite some time that Christ....mas had anything to do with Jesus. I didn't know what a "Christ" was. I just thought it was part of a curse word that my father spewed forth when he was changing a tire or something.

I knew from about 10 years old that Christmas was supposed to be some guy named Jesus' birthday, but the "christ" part didn't add up. And as unbelievable as it sounds, I didn't make the connection until around about the age of 13 when someone explained the concept of the messiah and christ to me. Then one day it hit me. OOOHhh, I get it.....Christ mass! Rolleyes

Having no religion in ones childhood is like an imaginary language you've never heard of. I don't know how else to phrase it. It's hard to explain.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-12-2017, 12:44 AM
(03-12-2017 01:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Nope, not into magic baby day.
Magic baby day?

And decorating is time consuming and potentially expensive and for me it's not that great of a payoff to pull up to my house and see lights and stuff. I'm the type of person though that if I did decorate my house I would go completely all out and put way too much time and energy into it.
04-12-2017, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 05:29 AM by yakherder.)
One of the girls working in our health care unit does props and special effects for local movies, apparently, and has hanging in her office what I can best describe as an intestinal wreath that was recently used in one of those movies (Unholy Night). It's amazing. That's my type of decoration.

Edit:

Here's a photo
[Image: HQ4sfke.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
04-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Not yet.
Hermie the elf on a shelf is in but that's it for a couple weeks.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
04-12-2017, 08:12 AM
My wife decorates a lot, so the house I live in gets decorated this time of year. We have five artificial trees, that get put up in different rooms, each with themes. The one in our room is all blue and silver ornaments with blue lights. I rather like it.

I also have a handful of Batman ornaments that make it onto the main tree. We're not sure if we're actually getting a real tree this year.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
04-12-2017, 08:16 AM
(04-12-2017 05:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  One of the girls working in our health care unit does props and special effects for local movies, apparently, and has hanging in her office what I can best describe as an intestinal wreath that was recently used in one of those movies (Unholy Night). It's amazing. That's my type of decoration.

Edit:

Here's a photo
[Image: HQ4sfke.jpg]

A Walking Dead wreath Gasp Does she sell these online?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post