Anyone else decorate this time of year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: Anyone else decorate this time of year?
I made lemonade of out lemons this year. We had a large white pine tree come down, so I have been cutting off branches and wiring them together to make garland and wreathes. lol

I also filled my hanging planters and window boxes with pine cuttings and used trimmings from the holly bushes and boxwood as well. Free and environmentally-sound! Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2017, 09:14 AM
YES!

We have boxes and boxes full of stuff for inside the house and on the tree. The rest of my family's religious, but most of the decorations are either secular or Disney.

We also have more lights outside than everyone else in the neighborhood combined, and my dad makes wooden cutouts of Disney characters to put around the yard.

And I took some decorations, including a few strands of colored lights, a strand of light-up Santa lights, a mini-tree, and a Pixar themed ornament (the lamp wrapped in lights and standing on a gift box) for my dorm.

You never have too many Christmas decorations! Big Grin

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
04-12-2017, 09:22 AM
(04-12-2017 05:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  One of the girls working in our health care unit does props and special effects for local movies, apparently, and has hanging in her office what I can best describe as an intestinal wreath that was recently used in one of those movies (Unholy Night). It's amazing. That's my type of decoration.

Edit:

Here's a photo
[Image: HQ4sfke.jpg]

A little side remark here. I know a couple people that work in LA as prop masters and prop building. It's one of the most interesting jobs there is. Every day brings on some new prop to be found or created. It's a very creative job but incredibly stressful.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
I still live with my Christian family who celebrates Christmas, and honestly I enjoy it for the most part (besides it being so stressful!)
For me I don't care about the Jesus thing and I'm not really a fan of gift exchanging either, but I enjoy looking at all the decorations and covering Christmas songs with my dad. It's just a fun time to make memories and get into the holiday spirit imo.

Besides, it's Isaac Newton's birthday! Now that's a reason to celebrate Big Grin
04-12-2017, 03:13 PM
(03-12-2017 01:34 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just put up my tree. Anyone else decorate for Christmas, the winter solstice, Saturnalia, etc?

[Image: 1HBNz6U.jpg]

Sure, I like colored lights.

The wreath on my front door goes up after Thanksgiving, and it's lit from the Solstice to the spring equinox.

For December I have all the traditional Christmas trappings: bats; a skull wearing a Santa cap; rotting pumpkins, and such.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
04-12-2017, 03:30 PM
No, but there are no strong reasons for it -- it's not because I hate Christmas or anything. I'm just very lazy, and since I live alone, nobody would see the decorations except me -- and I don't care enough to be bothered with it.

Even when I was young and living with my parents (in a Catholic family), I could never get very excited about Christmas decorations. My younger brother was always gung-ho to put up the tree and decorate it, and I let him. It was more work than I wanted to do. And the only thing that has changed since then is that he's not around to do it. So it doesn't get done. I do enjoy looking at other people's lights when I'm out and about, though.
04-12-2017, 03:42 PM
(04-12-2017 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, but there are no strong reasons for it -- it's not because I hate Christmas or anything. I'm just very lazy, and since I live alone, nobody would see the decorations except me -- and I don't care enough to be bothered with it.

Even when I was young and living with my parents (in a Catholic family), I could never get very excited about Christmas decorations. My younger brother was always gung-ho to put up the tree and decorate it, and I let him. It was more work than I wanted to do. And the only thing that has changed since then is that he's not around to do it. So it doesn't get done. I do enjoy looking at other people's lights when I'm out and about, though.

I love grabbing a peppermint tea and driving around looking at holiday lights. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-12-2017, 04:04 PM
for anyone interested..

Go to your user CP panel.

Find edit options.

Choose board style:

TTA_XMAS

Instant TTA Christmas décor... Big Grin

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
04-12-2017, 04:08 PM
(04-12-2017 04:04 PM)unsapien Wrote:  for anyone interested..

Go to your user CP panel.

Find edit options.

Choose board style:

TTA_XMAS

Instant TTA Christmas décor... Big Grin

Done. Thanks -- I never knew that was an option.
04-12-2017, 04:43 PM
[Image: DQOyuRSVQAEP9JY.jpg][Image: DQOyveAUIAENrjI.jpg][Image: DQOywG8U8AARZ3R.jpg]

We actually got our decorations up on the first weekend of December, that's great for us. Last year I think we got the tree up on the 21st.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post