Anyone else decorate this time of year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: Anyone else decorate this time of year?
(05-12-2017 07:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like the owl Thumbsup
A couple of years ago my brother was complaining to me that it's become difficult, if not impossible to find any traditional Thanksgiving decorations -- turkeys, pilgrims, etc. -- everything for the season seeming to have become "harvest" themed, which apparently consists mostly of pumpkins and dried leaves.

Except that Thanksgiving owls suddenly seem to be everywhere. As regards decorations, it's far easier to get an owl than a turkey.

Too tell the truth, I hadn't been paying that much attention, and I hadn't noticed the owls until bro' -- damn him -- pointed them out.

Now, suddenly, I see them everywhere. Valentine's owls; St. Patrick's owls; 4th of July patriotic owls; Halloween owls; seasonal owls; Christmas owls; Chanukah owls ... and it's starting to creep me out. Especially after seeing this:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8inBoIx_gD0DhTBPe7gc...F_f0J3r_4k]

Shocking

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 03:37 PM
I put out two of those moving green and red LASER doohickeys on my lawn, shining at the house. That way, the neighborhood heathen doesn't stick out as the only house without lights on our block...and the physicist in me likes LASERs.

For the interior, I like a good area rug. It really ties the room together...

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
(06-12-2017 03:37 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  ...and the physicist in me likes LASERs.

As well you should. Lasers are fun. Thumbsup

[Image: Prepare-the-Laser.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
07-12-2017, 03:08 AM
Celebration of the Winter Solstice should be embraced. I will in the next week find a tree and decorate it with my wife. I have over years found suggestive decorations that will decorate that tree. It is a time to procreate or at least pretend to. Clelebration of the middle of winter has a long tradition, we should embrace that.

You in the Southern Hemisphere have to deal with the ambiguities.
08-12-2017, 09:04 PM
(07-12-2017 03:08 AM)JAH Wrote:  Celebration of the Winter Solstice should be embraced. I will in the next week find a tree and decorate it with my wife. I have over years found suggestive decorations that will decorate that tree. It is a time to procreate or at least pretend to. Clelebration of the middle of winter has a long tradition, we should embrace that.

You in the Southern Hemisphere have to deal with the ambiguities.

"I will in the next week find a tree and decorate it with my wife."

I think you may need something a little more robust than one of those little wire "S" hanger thingies...

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 2 users Like A. Secular Human's post