Anyone else do this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Anyone else do this?
Haha, interesting topic.

Talking trash has never been part of my gaming culture, for 2 reasons:

1. I believe positive reinforcement is more powerful than criticism (although honest criticism is sometimes due).

2. I'm generally way way way better than everybody I know at every game I play.

For her, I say don't treat her like an old Highschool bud...well, because she isn't an old highschool bud. But you similarly don't need to do it because she is a girl. Sex(<--not a verb here) aside, your very relationship with her is different because she is a friend's romantic interest, not an old buddy. So being overly-familiar isn't (IMO) appropriate...but also no need for kid gloves. Acknowledging "Hey, you got 2 kills this time!" in a half sarcastic manner is probably good enough. Haha.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Quote:2. I'm generally way way way better than everybody I know at every game I play.

Isn't that just more reason to shit talk?
I shit talk because I'm boss and can back my shit talking up with results.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-07-2014, 06:44 PM
(25-07-2014 08:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I should probably add that she's very much a delicate flower.
She often storms off to her room to sulk when I say something "offensive" to my other flatmate.
But I have taken your advice and started to give her shit. Just taking it slow and building up to full blown "wow, you are so bad at this game you should kill yourself".

If she acts like that then she definitely needs her skin thickened. Yes
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
25-07-2014, 07:40 PM
(25-07-2014 06:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:2. I'm generally way way way better than everybody I know at every game I play.

Isn't that just more reason to shit talk?

But then nobody will want to play with me....Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
25-07-2014, 09:28 PM
(25-07-2014 10:20 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Haha, interesting topic.

Talking trash has never been part of my gaming culture, for 2 reasons:

1. I believe positive reinforcement is more powerful than criticism (although honest criticism is sometimes due).

2. I'm generally way way way better than everybody I know at every game I play.

For her, I say don't treat her like an old Highschool bud...well, because she isn't an old highschool bud. But you similarly don't need to do it because she is a girl. Sex(<--not a verb here) aside, your very relationship with her is different because she is a friend's romantic interest, not an old buddy. So being overly-familiar isn't (IMO) appropriate...but also no need for kid gloves. Acknowledging "Hey, you got 2 kills this time!" in a half sarcastic manner is probably good enough. Haha.

She may not be an old bud. But if she's going to hang out in a culture where its rough and tumble you are going to have to have thick skin and a big mouth to deal with it. We don't need more Anita Sarkeesians types running around ruining the reps of female gamers more.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I just never understood the trash talk in games. The worst my crowd ever goes is, "You are so dead, I'm gunna hunt you down and murder you (and possibly your children)!" Or along those lines. But never actual insults.

25-07-2014, 10:46 PM
(25-07-2014 10:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I just never understood the trash talk in games. The worst my crowd ever goes is, "You are so dead, I'm gunna hunt you down and murder you (and possibly your children)!" Or along those lines. But never actual insults.

I never get into the seriously mad insults. But if you kick someones butt you gotta rub it in. Tongue
25-07-2014, 10:50 PM
(25-07-2014 10:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I never get into the seriously mad insults. But if you kick someones butt you gotta rub it in. Tongue

Haha, trust me, when you win 95%+ of the games, you don't want to be the person rubbing it in. Not if you want to keep your friends.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
25-07-2014, 11:10 PM
(25-07-2014 07:40 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 06:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Isn't that just more reason to shit talk?

But then nobody will want to play with me....Weeping

Isn't that the purpose?
People just hold ya down. Can't wait for rumble (lonewolf) when Destiny comes out.
Sick of propping up shit teams or losing while having the best score overall.

Quote:She may not be an old bud. But if she's going to hang out in a culture where its rough and tumble you are going to have to have thick skin and a big mouth to deal with it. We don't need more Anita Sarkeesians types running around ruining the reps of female gamers more.

true

Quote:I just never understood the trash talk in games. The worst my crowd ever goes is, "You are so dead, I'm gunna hunt you down and murder you (and possibly your children)!" Or along those lines. But never actual insults.

You should hear us when a whole bunch of my high school buddies get together.
Jesus Christ we're horrible people.
I believe my latest insult was comparing my mates destiny beta character (a female, despite him being male, wearing a helmet that makes her look bald. It's really ugly) to the creature's shit that feeds off the sewer crust of a major Indian cities sewer after the cricket world cup final when the local curry shop is having a special.

Quote:But if you kick someones butt you gotta rub it in. Tongue

Amen to that Hob's.

Quote:Haha, trust me, when you win 95%+ of the games, you don't want to be the person rubbing it in. Not if you want to keep your friends.

You need to get better friends who aren't so butt hurt and jealous. Tongue

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-07-2014, 11:18 PM
You playing the beta on the One or PS4?

Atir aissom atir imon