Anyone else feel like tearing their hair out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Anyone else feel like tearing their hair out?
(19-01-2013 01:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 07:05 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I've been in the closet on this for over twenty years now. And I told my family about a year ago and it was fine. They give there little speeches, I agree to disagree, we hug and say I love you. I only came out to my friends a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna start defriending ppl on fb starting with my husbands father who had the nerve to say he was offended by my posts. EVERY single person on my friends list is a christian and they post tons of god stuff every single day, all day long. I find the most least offensive thing to post about my views and it gets ripped to shreds. Most have been very nice. But a select few are on my last nerve. And it hurts my feelings because I am a very nice person. I'm a better person than many christians I know because I don't judge. I'm a good, kind, loving person. I'm really starting to see the double standard for my self and I'm gonna speak my mind about it because it isn't right.
I can relate to you on the least offensive posts. Though recently I've been finding that I don't care so much about hurting peoples feelings. If they are allowed to post the offensive hurtful shit they post about atheists.....fuck it I'm gonna start doing the same. If they cant appreciate and love me for the dirty blasphemer I am then they can delete me and continue to enjoy their tired little fairy tale on their own. Smile
GirlyMan will be proud you for that attitude, GirlyHobbit. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 04:31 PM
(19-01-2013 01:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 07:05 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I've been in the closet on this for over twenty years now. And I told my family about a year ago and it was fine. They give there little speeches, I agree to disagree, we hug and say I love you. I only came out to my friends a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna start defriending ppl on fb starting with my husbands father who had the nerve to say he was offended by my posts. EVERY single person on my friends list is a christian and they post tons of god stuff every single day, all day long. I find the most least offensive thing to post about my views and it gets ripped to shreds. Most have been very nice. But a select few are on my last nerve. And it hurts my feelings because I am a very nice person. I'm a better person than many christians I know because I don't judge. I'm a good, kind, loving person. I'm really starting to see the double standard for my self and I'm gonna speak my mind about it because it isn't right.
I can relate to you on the least offensive posts. Though recently I've been finding that I don't care so much about hurting peoples feelings. If they are allowed to post the offensive hurtful shit they post about atheists.....fuck it I'm gonna start doing the same. If they cant appreciate and love me for the dirty blasphemer I am then they can delete me and continue to enjoy their tired little fairy tale on their own. Smile
I agree with that last sentence. See my friends don't post offensive atheist stuff they just post Tons of god and jesus stuff. So I'm just trying to throw my opinion out there with theirs and you would think the world was coming to an end. Tongue

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 06:16 PM
"and you would think the world was coming to an end."

They do... they just can't settle on the date.
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
19-01-2013, 06:19 PM
(19-01-2013 06:16 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "and you would think the world was coming to an end."

They do... they just can't settle on the date.
lol

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
20-01-2013, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 11:57 AM by GirlyMan.)
(19-01-2013 03:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 01:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Though recently I've been finding that I don't care so much about hurting peoples feelings. If they are allowed to post the offensive hurtful shit they post about atheists.....fuck it I'm gonna start doing the same. If they cant appreciate and love me for the dirty blasphemer I am then they can delete me and continue to enjoy their tired little fairy tale on their own. Smile
GirlyMan will be proud you for that attitude, GirlyHobbit. Thumbsup

Good attitude, could be more invective, though.

"Though recently I've been finding I don't give a flying fuck about hurting assholes' feelings. If they're gonna keep posting their bullshit, fuck it I'm gonna twist them into a pretzel and shove their head up their ass until they drown in their own fecal matter. If they can't appreciate vulgar hairless talking monkeys they need to just get the fuck outta the jungle."

Something like that. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, I'm very sick of my small town in south Louisiana at a catholic school. I've never literally met an atheist in real life, or even an agnostic. The only people I know are Catholics and a few Protestants here and there. And the Catholics I know have the nerve to make fun of the Protestants. Everybody's at church on Sunday. If you're not there, everybody knows. Why do the intelligent deserve this oppression? By the end of my life time, I hope for this nation of so-called religious freedom to be filled with religious tolerance. Perhaps there is freedom of religion here, but if you aren't Christian, everyone hates you! They even demonize my music. I'm sick of hearing that atheists are demons in disguise, existing only to make Christians doubt their faith. I hate knowing that people are only nice because they feel that they'll be glorified with a mansion in heaven.

One day, I'm moving.

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
[+] 2 users Like Kaloste's post
20-01-2013, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 12:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-01-2013 11:44 AM)Kaloste Wrote:  One day, I'm moving.

Come to DC. There's so many different faiths here (there's a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, an Hispanic Baptist church, a Jewish synagogue, and 2 Unitarian Universalist churches within walking distance of my house) they don't even notice the atheists. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Come to Kansas. Actually, on second thought, if rampant religion bothers you then stay the fuck away from Kansas. I'm a fairly recently deconverted atheist so the phenomenon of being constantly annoyed with people oversharing their faith is only now starting to grow within me. But as each day passes it grows exponentially.
I'm not exactly "out" to most people in public, but I've had some interesting conversations at work and I'm pretty sure they know what the deal is. So that's alright. As for Facebook, I recognized that to be a horrible idea from the get go and never signed on. I sometimes lurk on my wife's page and the ignorance astounds me. It's good for a laugh (or disheartened sigh) every now and then.
I just pick my battles and do what I can to change what I can. And rejoice in the fact that I get to raise my sons to not be mindless fucks like the rest of society. There may still be hope for the future.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
20-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Come tae Scotland. Smile

Some of us are friendly.

[Image: opforum1.png]
20-01-2013, 01:12 PM
(20-01-2013 08:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 03:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  GirlyMan will be proud you for that attitude, GirlyHobbit. Thumbsup

Good attitude, could be more invective, though.

"Though recently I've been finding I don't give a flying fuck about hurting assholes' feelings. If they're gonna keep posting their bullshit, fuck it I'm gonna twist them into a pretzel and shove their head up their ass until they drown in their own fecal matter. If they can't appreciate vulgar hairless talking monkeys they need to just get the fuck outta the jungle."

Something like that. Big Grin
You'll have to give me lessons.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard