Anyone else get burned out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Anyone else get burned out?
It truly is the equivalent of arguing with a brick wall. I am getting to the point were I just feel the need to troll the shit out of anyone religious rather than make solid points.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Anyone else get burned out?
yes. Every time I enter an argument with a theist on the topic of religion I feel like my brains must be melting. It's like running on a treadmill that has no off switch and gets going super fast right away. Every discussion inevitably becomes an argument, and it's like they are taught that being purposefully daft is the best way to win, and that winning consists of the opposition getting so annoyed that they just shave to stop themselves in utter frustration. But don't give in, I know there are atheist trolls already seeking new targets as I write this as we are a people just like them, but I believe that a part of ourselves is lost when we become a troll. The fair and rational part, which is also the part that got me to the lack of belief I currently have. So to turn that aside would be like becoming the thing I hate most. Defeating the whole purpose. Be strong, be smart, and most of all don't live under a bridge for the love of... oh wait... for the love of dawkins. Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2011, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 07:27 PM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: Anyone else get burned out?
That's why I'm here, to keep from doing something horrid. I almost never argue with people in real life, but then in most circumstances they could really mess with mine after knowing I'm a transsexual. There are no gender rights in Missouri. I can be removed from establishments, denied bus service. Really whatever they want to say I'm disrupting by looking like a girl they can. And my only option to doing those things then, would be to look like a boy (I didn't even look like one when I tried >.>) I'm a very honest person so I always state my views, which can easily land me in trouble when dealing with bigots.

]If you're wondering, "claiming" (horrid bigots) to be a different gender can be seen as offensive for both genders. One as you are mocking them and the other due to your possible attractiveness fooling them. And obviously since genderbending is not protected by law, you are doing something offensive to others, like being naked.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user