Anyone else get "undefined" errors when posting?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Anyone else get "undefined" errors when posting?
I use Firefox and this site has always worked for me, but recently (like a month), every format option (bold, italics, alignment, etc) pops up as "undefined=undefined" and I have to type the code manually if I want it to work. Same goes with sharing videos. The arrow no longer gives me a list to choose from and just changes from beside the tv to under the tv. I have to type video=youtube when I share.

Anyone else having this problem? I don't see how it could be my computer or an add-on.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Anyone else get "undefined" errors when posting?
Yeah, it's a known issue, unfortunately. All the buttons are FUBAR. You have to input your HTML manually.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
(01-11-2012 07:37 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I use Firefox and this site has always worked for me, but recently (like a month), every format option (bold, italics, alignment, etc) pops up as "undefined=undefined" and I have to type the code manually if I want it to work. Same goes with sharing videos. The arrow no longer gives me a list to choose from and just changes from beside the tv to under the tv. I have to type video=youtube when I share.

Anyone else having this problem? I don't see how it could be my computer or an add-on.

Yes, this is the third thread about it. Vosur made the first one, then me, you are the third. Official word is they have a team of nerds working on it.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...y-annoying

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ons-broken

01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Also, I'm working on a thread with the HTML codes.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...HTML-guide

[Image: vjp09.gif]
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
So you guys mean the little button thingy you click on to make text bold (then the "close tags" thingy to stop) don't work for you(and italics and all the other shit)?

Why would it work for me?

Yes folks, your admin is actually computer retarded.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
(01-11-2012 08:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So you guys mean the little button thingy you click on to make text bold (then the "close tags" thingy to stop) don't work for you(and italics and all the other shit)?

Yes, that is what he means. I think that we have the most common reason for this; The last Firefox update. I don't know which other browsers are having this problem as well but it does work in IE...but I'd rather type shit than use IE.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
01-11-2012, 08:42 PM
(01-11-2012 08:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So you guys mean the little button thingy you click on to make text bold (then the "close tags" thingy to stop) don't work for you(and italics and all the other shit)?

In old people speak; when I click the arrow thingy on the little B, the internet gnomes don't make my words darker. I believe their magic wand is broken. That or Satan is in my computer.

I let my dad play Super Mario World for a second as a child. He kept shouting that his "horse kept running away (Yoshi)" and trying to avoid the "question mark mushrooms" that were chasing him.

And as for the third post about this, I blame you all. My happy little forum is now a labyrinth of redundancy. Instead of a few valid posts for me to learn from, I'm now forced to wade knee deep through 5 pages of bile and superfluous bunk to find anything of value.

Is he serious or joking? Perhaps both.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I think the error originates from this wysiwyg editor which I disabled because of different annoying glitches. The default editors javascript file gets modified by this editor and never gets restored properly when the plugin is disabled.

It's been re-enabled for now.. I'm thinking about reinstalling all the forum software from scratch and manually adding the plugins. there are almost a dozen plugins running at the moment doing little things so no surprise there are glitches.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
02-11-2012, 01:39 AM
(02-11-2012 01:00 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I think the error originates from this wysiwyg editor which I disabled because of different annoying glitches. The default editors javascript file gets modified by this editor and never gets restored properly when the plugin is disabled.

It's been re-enabled for now.. I'm thinking about reinstalling all the forum software from scratch and manually adding the plugins. there are almost a dozen plugins running at the moment doing little things so no surprise there are glitches.
Well, some of the buttons are working, but the insert link button isn't, and the quote box isn't giving you the option to put the name of the person you are quoting. I know you're still fucking around with it, just thought I'd let you know, assuming you didn't already.

psst...try putting 42 in as the only code and see what happens.

02-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Doesn't even work on my iPad... so I hadda go look at some Gwynnies. Heart

If my head explodes, it's all your fault, DT.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user