Anyone else notice this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Anyone else notice this?
Exodus 22:28 - Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the RULER of thy people.

So, let's say for republicans who hate Obama and have been trying to get him impeached since he was a senator, They have all been ignoring this commandment quite a lot haven't they? You know, since he is our current nations ruler and all.

I wonder if anyone has ever pointed this one out to any of them. Unless I am misinterpreting what it means by cursing him, pretty sure it means no back talking and no calling him the devil etc.

Any one else got a part of the bible or quran you never really noticed before like this one?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
02-11-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Anyone else notice this?
(02-11-2015 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I wonder if anyone has ever pointed this one out to any of them. Unless I am misinterpreting what it means by cursing him, pretty sure it means no back talking and no calling him the devil etc.

Any one else got a part of the bible or quran you never really noticed before like this one?

Leviticus 11:9-12 King James Version

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

[Image: god-hates-shrimp.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2015, 03:37 AM
(02-11-2015 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Exodus 22:28 - Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the RULER of thy people.

This is yet another case of the religionists' hypocrisy—the old "do as I say, but not as I do" philosophy.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-11-2015, 06:17 AM
What a wonderful sentiment -

"Keep in line at all costs".

Yeah, that worked out really well for the Germans in the mid to late 1930's....

[/sarcasm]

Yet another good reason to disregard religion..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-11-2015, 06:25 AM
(02-11-2015 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Exodus 22:28 - Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the RULER of thy people.

So, let's say for republicans who hate Obama and have been trying to get him impeached since he was a senator, They have all been ignoring this commandment quite a lot haven't they? You know, since he is our current nations ruler and all.

I wonder if anyone has ever pointed this one out to any of them. Unless I am misinterpreting what it means by cursing him, pretty sure it means no back talking and no calling him the devil etc.

The foreigner residing among you must
be treated as your native-born. Love
them as yourself, for you were
foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your
God.

Leviticus 19:34

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-11-2015, 07:00 AM
The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure. Who can understand
it?

Jeremiah 17:9

They show that the work of the law is
written on their hearts, while their
conscience also bears witness, and
their conflicting thoughts accuse or
even excuse them

Romans 2:15

Might as well toss the whole thing out at this point.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
02-11-2015, 09:22 AM
(02-11-2015 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  ... since he is our current nation's ruler and all ...

I mean no diminishment of contempt for giving credence to all things biblical, but I must point out that US government by design has no "ruler" in the form of a person; it is a construct of law that applies to all people equally, and all people have an equal share of participation in its ongoing construction, i.e. representative democracy. It is not perfect, and has its phases and portions of corruption, but for all its faults the one thing it never approaches is decree by a single personality. There is no "ruler". I am continually disappointed at mankind's "worship" of the titular heads of democratic governments as if they were "rulers"; if imbues them with an influence not rightfully theirs. It's our tribal DNA that makes us look at chairpeople that way, unfortunately.

I'm right there with you stomping on the hypocrisy and sanctimony of the GOP, but the presidency is not a seat of rule.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
02-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Wouldn't the rebuttal be something along the lines of, "That's the Old Testament. We're not under those rules anymore."?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
02-11-2015, 09:46 AM
(02-11-2015 09:37 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Wouldn't the rebuttal be something along the lines of, "That's the Old Testament. We're not under those rules anymore."?

'Cept when they want to be. It seems to go on a case-by-case basis. One size fits all.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
02-11-2015, 09:47 AM
(02-11-2015 02:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 02:42 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I wonder if anyone has ever pointed this one out to any of them. Unless I am misinterpreting what it means by cursing him, pretty sure it means no back talking and no calling him the devil etc.

Leviticus 11:9-12 King James Version

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

[Image: god-hates-shrimp.jpg]
I hear this scripture get thrown around a lot as an example of how Christians are hypocritical. Here is the reason christians don't believe they are required to follow the old testament commandments specifically in regards to what food is clean and unclean.

Peter’s Vision Acts chapter 10

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”