Anyone else psyched for Gravity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Anyone else psyched for Gravity?
(05-10-2013 10:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 10:14 AM)kim Wrote:  It looks fantastic - hope it's a good story! Smile

I will not discuss my momentary disappointment that his thread wasn't in the Food forum... I read the title as Anyone else psyched for Gravy?. Dodgy Dill, please.

Dill gravy? Ewwwwww.

Dill dough, on the other hand ....

Your hand, maybe; I'm a natural kind of woman. Girl_nails

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
[Image: gravity_o_2285971.webp]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-10-2013, 03:17 PM
This movie has been out for a day and a half. None of you should be talking about seeing it. You should have seen it already. Go watch this movie right now dammit.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
(05-10-2013 03:17 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This movie has been out for a day and a half. None of you should be talking about seeing it. You should have seen it already. Go watch this movie right now dammit.

My roomie and I were going to go see Rory Block tonight, but the show is sold out.
So I will suggest that we go see this tonight, instead.

Do you recommend 3D as worth the extra $$$?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 04:00 PM
(05-10-2013 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 03:17 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This movie has been out for a day and a half. None of you should be talking about seeing it. You should have seen it already. Go watch this movie right now dammit.

My roomie and I were going to go see Rory Block tonight, but the show is sold out.
So I will suggest that we go see this tonight, instead.

Do you recommend 3D as worth the extra $$$?

Absolutely. As a matter of fact the critics I've read so far are saying do not see it in regular format. IMAX 3D is best but if it's between 35MM and traditional 3D def go for 3D.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Is it going to be something like Solaris? That was an incredibly dull movie.
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
(05-10-2013 04:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Is it going to be something like Solaris? That was an incredibly dull movie.

Never saw Solaris but Gravity has a 94/100 metascore and is a must see by every critic that has reviewed it. Go see the movie. It's epic.

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
(05-10-2013 04:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Is it going to be something like Solaris? That was an incredibly dull movie.

You just don't understand Cloonyvision. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-10-2013, 04:14 PM
(05-10-2013 04:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Never saw Solaris but Gravity has a 94/100 metascore and is a must see by every critic that has reviewed it. Go see the movie. It's epic.
I just watched Host which has a 9% ratting on rotton tomatoes, I think it was pretty good.
I also loved Water World which bombed out at the box office.
I hate Piano and English Patient which both were critically acclaimed.

I don't put much weight on what the critics think.
05-10-2013, 04:19 PM
(05-10-2013 04:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 04:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Never saw Solaris but Gravity has a 94/100 metascore and is a must see by every critic that has reviewed it. Go see the movie. It's epic.
I just watched Host which has a 9% ratting on rotton tomatoes, I think it was pretty good.
I also loved Water World which bombed out at the box office.
I hate Piano and English Patient which both were critically acclaimed.

I don't put much weight on what the critics think.

I liked Water World. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user