Anyone else seen Super?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Anyone else seen Super?
OMG, I just watched this film and it was one mistake away from being incredible.

I have a question that I simply cannot fathom any answer to so maybe someone else has an idea.

WHY THE FUCK KILL OFF BOLTIE?!?! She has gotta be one of the greatest film characters ever! What the actual fuck!

To be honest perhaps I was more interested in venting than asking questions though I'd still be interested in any answers.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Anyone else seen Super?
I saw it when it was called Kick Ass.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-12-2012, 11:48 AM
(20-12-2012 11:39 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I saw it when it was called Kick Ass.

If Super ripped off Kick Ass I'd be the first to say it. However, they didn't.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
20-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I saw it when I was really, really, really drunk... So, I remember very little of it.

We had just finished a LOTR marathon... drinking game included. I don't know why we put it on when we were that smashed.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
20-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah I saw it.

I liked the first half and then the rest built up to nothing. The ending was bad, and it should feel bad. There is no lesson, or resolution. I don't think every story needs those components, but this one did. And it didn't have them.

I also think that after the first half they sort of forgot how to balance the dark humor and unsettling violence. I enjoy Rainn Wilson and the chick from Juno, but this movie was a let down. You should watch Defendor. It's also a let down, but it puts it's pieces together a little nicer, and has a better handle on it's dark humor. Also Woody Harrelson.

P.S. Kick Ass still sucks.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
20-12-2012, 06:53 PM
OOOH! I remember Super. I only saw it once back when it first came out.

I don't really have much of an opinion of it, other than that it was odd. It just moved from one absurdity to another, which was funny but kind of jarring. And the whole thing with Liv Tyler kind of sucked. They played it like it was a positive ending but I didn't feel that.

Overall, just an odd film.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2012, 11:58 PM
(20-12-2012 04:37 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You should watch Defendor. It's also a let down

Great way to recommend a film that is.

(20-12-2012 04:37 PM)lucradis Wrote:  P.S. Kick Ass still sucks.

I'm guessing what you meant was "Kick Ass is still the greatest film ever and my judgement still sucks"?

Best
Worst
21-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Defendor is great. Super is super. What is wrong with you people? That scene was there so that the movie can be completely weird, Tarantino style. I loved both of then, as well as Kick Ass.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-12-2012, 12:14 AM
(21-12-2012 12:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  Defendor is great. Super is super. What is wrong with you people? That scene was there so that the movie can be completely weird, Tarantino style. I loved both of then, as well as Kick Ass.

Yeah but that scene kinda killed the film.

They should taken a leaf outta Kick Ass' book;

In Kick Ass Hit Girl isn't pointlessly killed.

PS. Congrats for having better taste than Lucradis.

Best
Worst
21-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, but the scene really fits into the rest of the movie, I might not like it, but it fits perfectly in the movie. Unfortunately, it's that kind of a movie.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson