Anyone else thinking of going to the PA Atheist Convention?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Anyone else thinking of going to the PA Atheist Convention?
Just looked at Seth's list of tour dates and found out that he's going to be speaking at the PA atheist convention. I'm a college student from South Jersey and have only been an outed atheist for about a year and I've never been to one of these conventions. I went to a few meetings of my school's SSA last year but I was studying aboard for the second half of the year and so I really didn't get to involved. It would sure be nice to meet some other people before I go so I'm not just the strange loner sitting in the back of the room not talking to anyone. Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Anyone else thinking of going to the PA Atheist Convention?
No.

"Convention" sounds like a place to get drunk. Sounds like this prophet would practice evangelical taoism. Which is an atheistic philosophy along this vector. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't get atheist meetings and "conventions". Atheism isn't a religion, so why the hell do atheists insist on congregating together like it is? So, so stupid.
30-06-2013, 06:13 PM
(30-06-2013 06:02 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I don't get atheist meetings and "conventions". Atheism isn't a religion, so why the hell do atheists insist on congregating together like it is? So, so stupid.

Why do we congregate on a virtual message board?

Humans are social animals and we usually hold a preference for interacting with like-minded individuals. There is nothing unusual about it.

Then again, I'm not really that big on atheist conventions, never been to one myself and I don't really ever plan on it.

[Image: giphy.gif]