Anyone else tried "Duke Nukem Forever"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 11:49 PM
In my opinion i like this game.
It's just chill and fun in my opinion, with some comedy added to it. Which i do enjoy.
If you have tried this game, what do you think about it? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabnZ9-ex7o
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Anyone else tried "Duke Nukem Forever"
It is shit.
If is wasn't a Duke Nukem game it would be mediocre. The fact that it is put the quality standard way higher than what this game was.

Shadow Warrior is a game in the same vein pulled off way more successfully.
[+] 1 user Likes AphexandCambria's post
06-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I played the Xbox version on a promotiontour in the summer of 2011.
It did not work with controllers.
I should give the PC version a shot, just for the heck of it.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
06-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I played it on the Xbox and own it on the PC. It's just a shit game, but it is fun at times. The game is easily 5 years behind its time in terms of game play and graphics, but the humor makes it worth it to get through. It's worth about 2 playthroughs to get everything, but beyond that there is no replayability IMO.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
(05-10-2013 11:49 PM)GandalfGray Wrote:  In my opinion i like this game.
It's just chill and fun in my opinion, with some comedy added to it. Which i do enjoy.
If you have tried this game, what do you think about it? Smile

I think I played Duke Nukem about 20 years ago.
07-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I remember watching the trailer in 2007, when it was still only under work by 3DRealms. It looked good, for 2007. Then jump 5 years later and I know stuff is bad when the game looks as it did in 2007. Forever isn't a too horrible game, just lackluster and rushed.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
07-10-2013, 01:44 AM
I thought it was very 'meh' and just simply outdated, until I got to the alien-esque part were the naked woman are abducted by aliens, impregnated, and planted into the walls. Then Duke makes quips about being 'fucked' and you have to kill them? Rape jokes, really?

After that, fuck that game... Dodgy

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Duke Nukem 2 was fun.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
28-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Played it?! I bought the damned special edition just because!

I also wrote up a lengthy defense of the most-hated game of the past half of a generation.

In case you don't want to read that (Jesus would have me forgive you, but Cthulhu demands otherwise), here's the gist of my blog: The game was unfairly despised by people who should've known better than to expect it to be something it flatly could not be. It was in development for 15 years. It was not going to be a great game or a masterpiece. It was going to be archaic in some of it's game design. It was going to be dated in some of its graphics. Most of us have outgrown Duke Nukem's adolescent attitude.

Suffice to say, the game was unnecessarily dumped on by people who should've known better, and that previews of the title loudly proclaimed how amazing it was going to be mere months before it was actually released--to everyone hating it.

It was average, unevolved, and immature--and we shouldn't have expected any better. In my defense, I said I would have given it maybe a 70% rating. In hindsight, I'd lower that to about 65% (6.5/10). I had some fun with it, many things worked, and the final boss battle was awesome. But it was archaic, unevolved, and I had outgrown the testosterone-fueled adolescent personality of Duke himself.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
28-10-2013, 02:53 PM
(07-10-2013 01:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I thought it was very 'meh' and just simply outdated, until I got to the alien-esque part were the naked woman are abducted by aliens, impregnated, and planted into the walls. Then Duke makes quips about being 'fucked' and you have to kill them? Rape jokes, really?

After that, fuck that game... Dodgy

I guess I never interpreted that as a rape joke. NOW YOU'VE RUINED MY EXPERIENCE.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com