Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Anyone else?
(19-02-2014 06:01 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 05:13 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

looks like I am not the only one with trouble reading. Maybe go back and re read what I wrote then forumlate a post that accuratly protrays the content that I left you.
I can read, it just takes a little longer.Rolleyes

Apparently, you're such a weak reader, you can't even read what you are typing. Enjoy your life of stupidity you arrogant ignorant fuck. Drinking Beverage

Do you know why I openly share my weaknesses? So that brothers such as yourself do not feel left out of the discussion. I know all can't hang on and discuss content on the level most others can. Yet they still feel a need contribute, and if I do not let them have an avenue to express themselves they feel left out and can get their feelings hurt. So I offer a genuine weakness to keep themselves occupied with. Something a common school yard bully would know how to exploit so he can use to get the attention he so badly needs.

Consider this my gift to you. Now you can hate and cuss with everyone else, all it will cost you is what ever integrity you have left.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Here's a clue: It's not about *you.*

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(18-02-2014 10:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  I have never read the bible as one reads a regular book.

How fucking ironic is it that this assclown who comes in here claiming to be some kind of Babble "expert" now admits he hasn't even fucking READ it!

HoboLaughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-02-2014, 08:56 PM
I can answer that question. Why are there two different creation stories? It's a separator. It separates the sheep from the goats. If you accept two different creation stories you'll accept all of the other nonsense that follows. The last thing that religions want is people who point out contradictions and expect things to make logical sense. At least that is what I think. There is no other reason for it to be written that way.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
19-02-2014, 08:58 PM
(19-02-2014 08:56 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I can answer that question. Why are there two different creation stories? It's a separator. It separates the sheep from the goats. If you accept two different creation stories you'll accept all of the other nonsense that follows. The last thing that religions want is people who point out contradictions and expect things to make logical sense. At least that is what I think. There is no other reason for it to be written that way.

Hmm Consider
I'll allow it...

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 09:41 PM by Free.)
(18-02-2014 12:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  I guess the boxing match between UK and I is now over. I was wondering if anyone else would like to go one on one? I'm not looking to call anyone out specifically. I just like this particular format.

Rules would be the same plus one or two concerning content.
The rules of this "debate" are simple:

- Questions should not be avoided or circumvented

- Questions should be given the most direct answer possible

- posts should be kept as short as possible

- the person who claims something has the burden to proove, name evidence or at least give good arguments or explanations *Either party may call for source material and may be asked to defend it.

- keep polite and refrain from logical fallacies

* The discussion needs to be focoused on Christianity in General, The God of the Bible or the bible itself. I do not want to get into other religions/beliefs.

According to the comments in your reputation index, you appear to be incapable of employing reason, logic, rationality, intellectual honesty, and a cohesive train of thought.

Therefore, due to your intellectual in-capacities, you are hereby disqualified from engaging in a debate with 99.68 (repeating of course) percent of all posters on this forum.

Thank you. That will be all. You are dismissed.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
19-02-2014, 09:46 PM
(19-02-2014 03:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:54 AM)Youkay Wrote:  How can you ask such an irrelevant, insignificant and unproductive question?! It demonstrates that you are either a dim-wit or a nitpick.

In case you don't know English, here is the definition of "believe":

believe: accept that (something) is true

This is why people think you are either intellectually incapacitated or dishonest.
I simply want to know in what way is he determining what is believable and what is not. there are aspects of pinoco, that are very believable and others are not. I was looking to gage the OP's measure of believeablity. Is he one who see one tiny flaw and at that point wanting to throw the whole story out or is he willing to accept what is acceptiable and question the rest.

Just because you have closed your mind to thinking beyond your current processes, does not make me dishonest because my thought processes differ from your own.

There were two options: Either you are intellectualy incapacitated or dishonest.

You chose to negate being intellectually dishonest...

guess what?

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
19-02-2014, 09:46 PM
(19-02-2014 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 12:07 PM)toadaly Wrote:  A year or so!? It's only about 1200 pages. If you spend 30 minutes a day on it, and you have an average reading speed of about a minute per page, it'll take you about 40 days to get through it. Think of that as your 40 days in the desert and make it a goal.

(edit: do you wonder why a bunch of atheists are encouraging you to actually read the whole Bible?)

I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

That explains your lack in education and forceful misinterpretaton of other people's comments...

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
19-02-2014, 09:59 PM
(19-02-2014 07:39 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 06:01 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Apparently, you're such a weak reader, you can't even read what you are typing. Enjoy your life of stupidity you arrogant ignorant fuck. Drinking Beverage

Do you know why I openly share my weaknesses? So that brothers such as yourself do not feel left out of the discussion. I know all can't hang on and discuss content on the level most others can. Yet they still feel a need contribute, and if I do not let them have an avenue to express themselves they feel left out and can get their feelings hurt. So I offer a genuine weakness to keep themselves occupied with. Something a common school yard bully would know how to exploit so he can use to get the attention he so badly needs.

Consider this my gift to you. Now you can hate and cuss with everyone else, all it will cost you is what ever integrity you have left.

And this is why you are perceived as fucking arrogant. I would even dare say megalomanical.

- You have demonstrated your poor intellectual capabilities by confessing that you don't have any questions left regarding the bible.

- You have demonstrated your ill education by confessing that you are a poor reader who can not read a text book properly.

- You have demonstrated your poor debating and strategic thinking skills over and over again.

I can't recall if I met ANYBODY in my life who is in more dire and urgent need of self-questoning and self-appraisel than you.

[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
19-02-2014, 10:12 PM
(19-02-2014 09:46 PM)Youkay Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  I simply want to know in what way is he determining what is believable and what is not. there are aspects of pinoco, that are very believable and others are not. I was looking to gage the OP's measure of believeablity. Is he one who see one tiny flaw and at that point wanting to throw the whole story out or is he willing to accept what is acceptiable and question the rest.

Just because you have closed your mind to thinking beyond your current processes, does not make me dishonest because my thought processes differ from your own.

There were two options: Either you are intellectualy incapacitated or dishonest.

You chose to negate being intellectually dishonest...

guess what?
then please with all the intelectual honesty at your disposal demonstrate your assessment.. Use or quote anything I have said here that shows the level incapacity or dishonesty. By your own rules you made a claim now prove it.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.