Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: Anyone else?
(19-02-2014 07:39 PM)Drich Wrote:  Consider this my gift to you. Now you can hate and cuss with everyone else, all it will cost you is what ever integrity you have left.

Lolz. The guy who blatantly exploits freedom of expression to continuously proselytize contrary to established policy and who unabashedly admits he is here to harvest souls like some comic book demon minion of the Abyss is also here to lecture about integrity. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-02-2014, 08:37 AM
(20-02-2014 08:30 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 10:39 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Made up shit as you have no clue. Have some class and admit not having knowledge rather than spouting fabrications.
why would I have no clue? The rest of the bible is written this way, what makes you think genesis would be any different?

You would have no clue since all biblical scholars and seasoned theologins also do not know, so unless you are someone so special to have this knowledge - pipe down.

And your point about the rest of the Bible being as such - exactly and thank you for making my point.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
20-02-2014, 08:44 AM
(20-02-2014 08:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 10:37 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Yeah I left out knock just to keep it short. You still did not address the question about everybody getting it if they do those three things. What the fuck is knock anyway? You are and exhausting twit if nothing else!

Again you seem to be missing the importance of knock and or the meaning behind it. To knock means to continue asking and seeking. If at any point one stops then he is no longer knock which means that person is not following the path laid out in luke 11. And again if this is the case, and you can not humble yourself before God to ask seek And Knock then why should he honor you with anything?

Again the ramblings of a lost mind. Many of us non-believers have done those three things repeatedly for years, and sometimes decades without finding anything. So again, why does this passage in Luke say EVERYBODY that does those things WILL FIND answers and that doors WILL OPEN? If you say that those folks did not look hard enough, or that they just did not accept what they found, I will officially label you as insane and be done with this aggrevation.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
20-02-2014, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 09:21 AM by Drich.)
(19-02-2014 10:42 PM)Youkay Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 10:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  then please with all the intelectual honesty at your disposal demonstrate your assessment.. Use or quote anything I have said here that shows the level incapacity or dishonesty. By your own rules you made a claim now prove it.

Answering to this post in a way that you just did demonstrates your intellectual incapacity. You didn't understand the plainly obvious hint to the question "guess what?".

Asking for an intellectually honest assesment and proof when being accused of being a dim-wit is also a sign of being just that. a dim-wit. An intelligent person would know better.

I suppose your response is self-evident for my claim. But I already DID demonstrate the validity of my assessment in the very post you quoted, you dim-wit. You just happened to delete the first half which was relevant.

Either you did not understand its relevance --> intellectually incapacitated
Or you did understand but decided to ignore it intentionally --> intellectually dishonest

(19-02-2014 11:54 AM)Youkay Wrote:  How can you ask such an irrelevant, insignificant and unproductive question?! It demonstrates that you are either a dim-wit or a nitpick.

In case you don't know English, here is the definition of "believe":

believe: accept that (something) is true

This is why people think you are either intellectually incapacitated or dishonest.
I dismissed this portion of your post because I see it as an unfounded accusation. It just a charge and not proof of anything. Why? Because I specifically was looking for how the op used the word believe to quantify his query. Your assessment (as is true with most of your efforts) assumes the obvious, and rather than ask a question for clarity you lead with your chin exposed, giving me opportunity to knock your block off. If you were to follow the q&a the op and I had, I told him that it was my intention to discern whether or not if he thought all of the aspects of the story was unbelievable or not. If he did then I would be able to rightly summize that he had an unreal definition of belief.

Because as I pointed out there are completely believe able aspects of the story in question.

Your haste to judgement and need to bring unfounded charges in an attempt to control a situation, points to a person who does not typically do a lot of thinking for himself, but rather one who just classifies or sorts information. A person like this is programmed what to think about another or a given situation, and looks for ques to quickly classify and dismiss or quantify. That is why you fail to see anything beyond your classification process, which again point to one who does not spend a lot of time deep in thought. Subsequently this is also the reason you presented a baseless accusation as evidence to my incompetency. (Because for one who simply files and classifies information and selects the response that corresponds to a given input, what you provided is enough to be considered proof.) by you and those who think as you think.

Sorry my closed minded friend. I am looking for actual proof not your speculation based on how you process information.

I ask a lot of simple question to build a very complete picture, analyze it and then at that point I have complete mastery over it. This is how diagnostics work. Take nothing for granted. Explore everything. Once all variables are accounted for then assemble a picture based on the known information. Then look for weaknesses or flaws.

Asking the op of the pinoc question what he meant by belief, was an attempt to verify how the word was being used in his query. not because I did not know what it meant. Only desperation from an opponent to 'prove/redeem himself' would have assumed this.

Sorry uk, no soup for you. What else you got?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Drich - the Pinnochio question was a simple question.

— Dan Barker —
20-02-2014, 09:32 AM
(20-02-2014 08:37 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 08:30 AM)Drich Wrote:  why would I have no clue? The rest of the bible is written this way, what makes you think genesis would be any different?

You would have no clue since all biblical scholars and seasoned theologins also do not know, so unless you are someone so special to have this knowledge - pipe down.
Again if the rest of the bible was written one of two way then what the problem is?

Quote:And your point about the rest of the Bible being as such - exactly and thank you for making my point.
IF There is an all powerful being who took the time to do things this way, then again.. What The Problem Is?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 09:53 AM
(20-02-2014 08:44 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Again the ramblings of a lost mind. Many of us non-believers have done those three things repeatedly for years, and sometimes decades without finding anything.
and what makes you think that your current situation is not apart of the answer to the A/S/King you did them?

Quote: So again, why does this passage in Luke say EVERYBODY that does those things WILL FIND answers and that doors WILL OPEN? If you say that those folks did not look hard enough, or that they just did not accept what they found, I will officially label you as insane and be done with this aggrevation.
This is not what I said. Looking hard enough will bring everyone to a seperation of themselves and their father's religion. The only question is once seperated will you continue to knock to rebuild your faith to make it your own or will you quit?

Are you familiar with the story of the wise and foolish builders?
The wise man built his house upon the Rock, and the foolish man built his house upon the sand. When the rains came the foolish man's house when down because he had no foundation.

The house we build is our religious expression/religion. The Rock is a relationship with Christ. The sand is the religion itself. This means that two men could build the exact same house identical everything/they could work in the same church do exactly the same things. and one man's faith falls flat when the storms of life hit it and the other man stand firm.

When you A/S (not knocked) as an answer to your request God sent the rains to take away the house you built. Why? Because if God started His interaction with you at that point you would simply start making additions on your existing house/push deeper into your religion. This is not what God wants from us. Look at all the negitive stuff Jesus said about the pharisees. They were the MOST religious a man could be. Aside for calling them hipocrits and fools all of the time. He said that a man's 'righteousness' must exceed the righteousness of the pharisees.. How could a man's righteousness exceed the most righteous the most religious a man could be? That is through a direct relationship with God.

So by sending the rain God took away the house of cards you were building, and at this point if you had continued to ask you would be able to build a house on the Rock of Christ himself with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

But, again because you stopped knocking you did not follow the outline in luke 11 and therefore did not complete the task God has asked of you. and if your not willing to complete what God asks then why should God do anything more for you?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 09:58 AM
(20-02-2014 09:24 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Drich - the Pinnochio question was a simple question.

yes it was and once i established your meaning I provided an simple answer did i not?

Again do you find all of the elements of tha story hard to believe as being true?

If you had said yes then I could say your standard of belief was completely unreasonable. At which point further debate would be pointless.

If you said no and wanted to continue then from that point we could have found a common point in which to seek 'the reasonable aspects' of the bible and build a dialog from there.

All of that by not following the path you orginally intended to set me upon if I like UK simply assumed your meaning.

Not to mention it does show a measure of humility or willingness to openly subject one's self to riticule and critisim just so I can better understand the question, and give a more accurate answer.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I tell you dude, it's not A/S/K it's A/S/L

you got it wrong

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
20-02-2014, 10:12 AM
I'd be up for a boxing match. My rules though.

I can only ask questions. You can only try to answer them. You cannot ask questions yourself. If I don't feel that you have answered the question to my satisfaction then I will try to ask it again, albeit maybe in a different way.

Sounds simple enough? I'll start a thread if you agree. I think you will like the topic and feel at home on it.