Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Anyone else?
(20-02-2014 10:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'd be up for a boxing match. My rules though.

I can only ask questions. You can only try to answer them. You cannot ask questions yourself. If I don't feel that you have answered the question to my satisfaction then I will try to ask it again, albeit maybe in a different way.

Sounds simple enough? I'll start a thread if you agree. I think you will like the topic and feel at home on it.
why can't i ask questions?

If I do not have enough data to provide an answer, then what is the point of the match?

do you really feel the need to have me go into this match with both hands tied behind my back? Am I really such a threat?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 10:30 AM
(19-02-2014 04:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:01 PM)Drich Wrote:  That will be fine, but it will probably be a short debate.

Cool. Short is appropriate for my attention span.

You start it and then let me know.

Cheers

Did I miss it?

Ready when you are.

Thumbsup

20-02-2014, 10:53 AM
(20-02-2014 10:24 AM)Drich Wrote:  ...Am I really such a threat?

Oh sweet Jebus...the ego on this one...Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
20-02-2014, 11:00 AM
(20-02-2014 10:24 AM)Drich Wrote:  why can't i ask questions?

If I do not have enough data to provide an answer, then what is the point of the match?

do you really feel the need to have me go into this match with both hands tied behind my back? Am I really such a threat?

I thought you were here to answer questions.

I can only ask questions. I won't be able to explain where you are going wrong and you complain that you are the ones with your hands tied behind your back?

Why do you fear having to answer questions if you are so confident that your beliefs are logically consistent?

But I understand that if it scares you then you can be the one asking the questions and I can answer them, but it wouldn't be too much different from the rest of the forum.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-02-2014, 11:13 AM
(20-02-2014 10:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Cool. Short is appropriate for my attention span.

You start it and then let me know.

Cheers

Did I miss it?

Ready when you are.

Thumbsup
Sorry i did, you can start when your ready.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 11:14 AM
(20-02-2014 11:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:24 AM)Drich Wrote:  why can't i ask questions?

I thought you were here to answer questions.

I can only ask questions. I won't be able to explain where you are going wrong and you complain that you are the ones with your hands tied behind your back?

Why do you fear having to answer questions if you are so confident that your beliefs are logically consistent?

But I understand that if it scares you then you can be the one asking the questions and I can answer them, but it wouldn't be too much different from the rest of the forum.

If I do not fully understand the question or where your comming from then how can I hope to answer it? do you want stock answers?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 12:31 PM
(20-02-2014 11:13 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Did I miss it?

Ready when you are.

Thumbsup
Sorry i did, you can start when your ready.

I'm ready. I am saying that you can have first bite.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-02-2014, 01:22 PM
(19-02-2014 08:56 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I can answer that question. Why are there two different creation stories? It's a separator. It separates the sheep from the goats. If you accept two different creation stories you'll accept all of the other nonsense that follows. The last thing that religions want is people who point out contradictions and expect things to make logical sense. At least that is what I think. There is no other reason for it to be written that way.

Possibly, but it seem more likely to me that there were two different versions running around at the time Genesis was penned, so the authors included both. Even ancient Jews knew Genesis was myth, so it didn't matter to them if there were multiple inconsistent versions.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
20-02-2014, 02:10 PM
(20-02-2014 01:22 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 08:56 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I can answer that question. Why are there two different creation stories? It's a separator. It separates the sheep from the goats. If you accept two different creation stories you'll accept all of the other nonsense that follows. The last thing that religions want is people who point out contradictions and expect things to make logical sense. At least that is what I think. There is no other reason for it to be written that way.

Possibly, but it seem more likely to me that there were two different versions running around at the time Genesis was penned, so the authors included both. Even ancient Jews knew Genesis was myth, so it didn't matter to them if there were multiple inconsistent versions.
Laugh out load

Maybe you should stick to name calling.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 04:19 PM
(18-02-2014 12:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  - Questions should not be avoided or circumvented

- Questions should be given the most direct answer possible

- the person who claims something has the burden to proove, name evidence or at least give good arguments or explanations *Either party may call for source material and may be asked to defend it.

- keep polite and refrain from logical fallacies

I lold.