Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Anyone else?
(20-02-2014 02:10 PM)Drich Wrote:  Maybe you should stick to name calling.

If I ever want your opinion, I'll go ask your preacher/shaman/priest/witch doctor for it. Lecture_preist

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
20-02-2014, 05:48 PM
(19-02-2014 08:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 10:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  I have never read the bible as one reads a regular book.

How fucking ironic is it that this assclown who comes in here claiming to be some kind of Babble "expert" now admits he hasn't even fucking READ it!

HoboLaughat

Well, let's be fair here. He didn't say he hasn't read it. He said he hasn't read it as one reads a regular book -- i.e., he didn't start at the beginning and read straight through to the end. And that's perfectly OK with the Bible, since it's not a regular book -- it's a collection of many different books, some of them pretty much unrelated to most of the others (Job, for instance). He did say elsewhere that he has read all of it (or almost all), just not in sequence.

I don't support Drich or his wild fantasies in any way, but c'mon -- he gives us plenty of ammunition for legitimate criticism. There's no need to make stuff up.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-02-2014, 05:57 PM
(20-02-2014 05:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 08:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  How fucking ironic is it that this assclown who comes in here claiming to be some kind of Babble "expert" now admits he hasn't even fucking READ it!

HoboLaughat

Well, let's be fair here. He didn't say he hasn't read it. He said he hasn't read it as one reads a regular book -- i.e., he didn't start at the beginning and read straight through to the end. And that's perfectly OK with the Bible, since it's not a regular book -- it's a collection of many different books, some of them pretty much unrelated to most of the others (Job, for instance). He did say elsewhere that he has read all of it (or almost all), just not in sequence.

I don't support Drich or his wild fantasies in any way, but c'mon -- he gives us plenty of ammunition for legitimate criticism. There's no need to make stuff up.

You can cherry pick books and stories to fit your preconceived notions, though you can't do that if you read it as a whole. That is the problem.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
20-02-2014, 07:49 PM
(20-02-2014 05:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 08:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  How fucking ironic is it that this assclown who comes in here claiming to be some kind of Babble "expert" now admits he hasn't even fucking READ it!

HoboLaughat

I haven't made anything up. He has gone through some guided bullshit and doesn't know if he has read all of it or not. And he is demonstrating his abject ignorance of the book he claims to be expert on every day, and several people here are pointing that out.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-02-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 11:33 PM by Youkay.)
(18-02-2014 10:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I have a question for you; do you think Christianity is any more believable than Pinocchio?
(19-02-2014 11:17 AM)Drich Wrote:  believable how?
(19-02-2014 11:54 AM)Youkay Wrote:  How can you ask such an irrelevant, insignificant and unproductive question?! It demonstrates that you are either a dim-wit or a nitpick.

In case you don't know English, here is the definition of "believe":

believe: accept that (something) is true

This is why people think you are either intellectually incapacitated or dishonest.
(19-02-2014 03:33 PM)Drich Wrote:  Just because you have closed your mind to thinking beyond your current processes, does not make me dishonest because my thought processes differ from your own.
(19-02-2014 09:46 PM)Youkay Wrote:  There were two options: Either you are intellectualy incapacitated or dishonest. You chose to negate being intellectually dishonest... guess what?
(19-02-2014 10:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  please with all the intelectual honesty at your disposal demonstrate your assessment.. Use or quote anything I have said here that shows the level incapacity or dishonesty. By your own rules you made a claim now prove it.
(19-02-2014 10:42 PM)Youkay Wrote:  Answering to this post in a way that you just did demonstrates your intellectual incapacity. You didn't understand the plainly obvious hint to the question "guess what?".

Asking for an intellectually honest assesment and proof when being accused of being a dim-wit is also a sign of being just that. a dim-wit. An intelligent person would know better.

I suppose your response is self-evident for my claim. But I already DID demonstrate the validity of my assessment in the very post you quoted, you dim-wit. You just happened to delete the first half which was relevant.

Either you did not understand its relevance --> intellectually incapacitated
Or you did understand but decided to ignore it intentionally --> intellectually dishonest
(20-02-2014 09:11 AM)Drich Wrote:  I dismissed this portion of your post because I see it as an unfounded accusation. It just a charge and not proof of anything. Why? Because I specifically was looking for how the op used the word believe to quantify his query.

Turns out he meant it in a literal sense. Everyone in this forum understood it in a litteral sense. Except you, you are "special", an intellectually incapacitated person who is too proud and too stubborn to admit his question was obviously as stupid as the night is dark.

The rest of your post is just deluded gibberish. No.. actually everything you say is deluded gibberish. And the EGO this person has... unbelievable... Facepalm

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 4 users Like Youkay's post
21-02-2014, 02:41 AM
(20-02-2014 11:14 AM)Drich Wrote:  If I do not fully understand the question or where your comming from then how can I hope to answer it? do you want stock answers?

I will be trying to make the questions as simple and concise as possible. But even so, if you do not understand the question then just say so. In such a case I will try to make the question simpler for you to understand or explain it in a different way.

And if you don't know the answer just do what atheists say and respond "I don't know".
21-02-2014, 03:20 AM
(21-02-2014 02:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:14 AM)Drich Wrote:  If I do not fully understand the question or where your comming from then how can I hope to answer it? do you want stock answers?

I will be trying to make the questions as simple and concise as possible. But even so, if you do not understand the question then just say so. In such a case I will try to make the question simpler for you to understand or explain it in a different way.

And if you don't know the answer just do what atheists say and respond "I don't know".

He is too proud to do that. And everybody knows it, even he himself...

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
21-02-2014, 04:25 AM
(21-02-2014 03:20 AM)Youkay Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I will be trying to make the questions as simple and concise as possible. But even so, if you do not understand the question then just say so. In such a case I will try to make the question simpler for you to understand or explain it in a different way.

He is too proud to do that. And everybody knows it, even he himself...

That's because this is what happens to little boys who don't pretend to know the answers!

[Image: 8fb8d9b1847402220ea12c8839eaa512f1e7063f...f16887.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
21-02-2014, 08:15 AM
(20-02-2014 04:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 12:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  - Questions should not be avoided or circumvented

- Questions should be given the most direct answer possible

- the person who claims something has the burden to proove, name evidence or at least give good arguments or explanations *Either party may call for source material and may be asked to defend it.

- keep polite and refrain from logical fallacies

I lold.

I did too. He might as well say, "You can't pull any of the shit I pull in every post I write".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I still want to know what is faith and why do we need it, I get a different answer every time I try and ask about it.

Plus, with logic, reasoning, and trust based on evidence I don't see why religion gets to have a special word for what sounds like to me a trust/conviction in the non demonstrable. Simplifying shit to "things not seen" just make people sound naive even though this isn't true.

Also, the way drich described his god I really want to know how he got to the conclusion that the god he read about even exists.

It's only a debate if both parties are willing to let each other's opinions change their own.
If you aren't willing to change in light of learning more about what you fight for, what the hell are you doing expecting the other party to want to change?