Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Anyone else?
(21-02-2014 09:34 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 08:44 AM)le_bard Wrote:  I still want to know what is faith and why do we need it, I get a different answer every time I try and ask about it.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

We need it as shows our willingness or humility to do what God asks. Your next question should be how much 'faith' do we need? If you asked that I would have got to tell you all you need is the faith of the size of a mustard seed. (which is very very small.) According to Christ if you took this amount of faith and placed it in Him you could move mountains of doubt.

Quote:Plus, with logic, reasoning, and trust based on evidence I don't see why religion gets to have a special word for what sounds like to me a trust/conviction in the non demonstrable. Simplifying shit to "things not seen" just make people sound naive even though this isn't true.
You making an assumption that Christ does not offer any of these things which means your 'faith' question was a loaded one. Because here you persume to know what faith is or otherwise you could not have made these statements accuratly... How's that for logic and reason?Smartass

Quote:Also, the way drich described his god I really want to know how he got to the conclusion that the god he read about even exists.
When I A/S/K as outlined in Luke 11 I was given a measure of the Holy Spirit. In essence God Himself became apart of me.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
"

Barring the fact that confidence in what we hope for is totally useless in the realm of epistemology, when I prayed for the assurance of his reality and got nothing I found it harder and harder to keep doing so. That was 6 years ago, what's going on? Not enough "faith" before I prayed for said "faith?" You have to realize, to everyone around you god doesn't look apparent, so the faith you want them to have is terrible to posit BEFORE they ask for the revelation.

Since all you can possibly respond to the whole A/S/K thing I tried is that "I didn't do it right" I'm not going to delve any further. Which is why A/S/K < providing evidence, any father who wants someone to know that he's real and yet doesn't respond to the calls is either toying with the patience of an earnest truth seeker or not actually there.

It's only a debate if both parties are willing to let each other's opinions change their own.
If you aren't willing to change in light of learning more about what you fight for, what the hell are you doing expecting the other party to want to change?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 12:43 PM
(21-02-2014 10:31 AM)le_bard Wrote:  "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Barring the fact that confidence in what we hope for is totally useless in the realm of epistemology, when I prayed for the assurance of his reality and got nothing I found it harder and harder to keep doing so. That was 6 years ago, what's going on? Not enough "faith" before I prayed for said "faith?"

Faith has nothing to do with it.. It's one's ablity to follow directions and knock:

Are you familiar with the story of the wise and foolish builders?
The wise man built his house upon the Rock, and the foolish man built his house upon the sand. When the rains came the foolish man's house when down because he had no foundation.

The house we build is our religious expression/religion. The Rock is a relationship with Christ. The sand is the religion itself. This means that two men could build the exact same house identical everything/they could work in the same church do exactly the same things. and one man's faith falls flat when the storms of life hit it and the other man stand firm.

When you A/S (not knocked) as an answer to your request God sent the rains to take away the house you built. Why? Because if God started His interaction with you at that point you would simply start making additions on your existing house/push deeper into your religion. This is not what God wants from us. Look at all the negitive stuff Jesus said about the pharisees. They were the MOST religious a man could be. Aside for calling them hipocrits and fools all of the time. He said that a man's 'righteousness' must exceed the righteousness of the pharisees.. How could a man's righteousness exceed the most righteous the most religious a man could be? That is through a direct relationship with God.

So by sending the rain God took away the house of cards you were building, and at this point if you had continued to ask you would be able to build a house on the Rock of Christ himself with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

But, again because you stopped knocking you did not follow the outline in luke 11 and therefore did not complete the task God has asked of you. and if your not willing to complete what God asks then why should God do anything more for you?

Quote:You have to realize, to everyone around you god doesn't look apparent, so the faith you want them to have is terrible to posit BEFORE they ask for the revelation.
Actually Christ said the faith required is only that of a mustard seed.
One literally has to have more 'faith' in science and philosphy than what is needed to obtain the evidence God offers.

Quote:Since all you can possibly respond to the whole A/S/K thing I tried is that "I didn't do it right" I'm not going to delve any further. Which is why A/S/K < providing evidence, any father who wants someone to know that he's real and yet doesn't respond to the calls is either toying with the patience of an earnest truth seeker or not actually there.
To A/S/K is a process. One you must honor completely to work. If you can not then what do you truly expect? god had His son die to provide you with this oppertunity, He's not even asking you to meet Him 1/2 way. He just wants you to put yourself out there and make an honest effort. (His not yours)

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-02-2014, 02:11 PM
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:You have to realize, to everyone around you god doesn't look apparent, so the faith you want them to have is terrible to posit BEFORE they ask for the revelation.
One literally has to have more 'faith' in science and philosphy than what is needed to obtain the evidence God offers.

[quote]

More faith in science? You are once again showing your idiocy, stubborness, and belief perseverance. You are a stupid, very stupid robot.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
21-02-2014, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 02:19 PM by Timber1025.)
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  To A/S/K is a process. One you must honor completely to work. If you can not then what do you truly expect? god had His son die to provide you with this oppertunity, He's not even asking you to meet Him 1/2 way. He just wants you to put yourself out there and make an honest effort. (His not yours)

You heard many testimonies of people giving an "honest effort" and got nothing you jackass. It is all in your head so stop preaching utter bullshit. Are you just not smart enough to recognize bullshit? How much do you need to hear before you realized it is only what you wanted to hear,and exists only in your own head - nothing more.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
21-02-2014, 02:19 PM
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  Faith has nothing to do with it.. It's one's ablity to follow directions and knock:

That "Knock" requires faith, you dumbass.Hobo
You really are fucking stupid and everyone here should IGNORE you ASAP.

*shakes head*

jesus................. fucking stupidass.Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 8 users Like WitchSabrina's post
21-02-2014, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 07:41 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(21-02-2014 09:04 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 07:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I haven't made anything up. He has gone through some guided bullshit and doesn't know if he has read all of it or not. And he is demonstrating his abject ignorance of the book he claims to be expert on every day, and several people here are pointing that out.

He has read the bible in it's entirity, just Not As One Reads a Regular Book. I read it through a reading plan that pairs principles stories and ideals so one can see the interconectivity of the bible and how all of it relates. Further more i have said I the more popular books i read several times a year. Not to mention all of the back work I have done in looking up passages in the greek or hebrew.

I know what you claim. Your ignorance of your own fairy tale book puts the lie to it.

Quote:So, again your just make stuff up so you do not have to confront me.

Fuck you, you arrogant prick. I confront you constantly. And you constantly run away.

Quote: Which is fine, and I understand. Just know I know.. and now so do all of your friends.

You don't know shit, you pathetic lying moron.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-02-2014, 03:25 AM
Well that was easy.

Even if you believe 100% of what Drich tells you with no preconceptions and resist pointing out where he is wrong, he still cannot explain his own beliefs because they are logically inconsistent.

No wonder children are taught not to ask difficult questions in religious schools.
23-02-2014, 05:54 AM
(23-02-2014 03:25 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Well that was easy.

Even if you believe 100% of what Drich tells you with no preconceptions and resist pointing out where he is wrong, he still cannot explain his own beliefs because they are logically inconsistent.

No wonder children are taught not to ask difficult questions in religious schools.

Then I'll just ask 'mom' to reopen the thread.

You were asking questions about BLT's I thought you were intelectually spent. Usually when the best someone can do is ask a question about a sandwich on a topic about God and our existence it usually means their backs are against the wall and they have nothing else to say but feel obligated to say something.

Besides I offered a mutual concession. You declined, therefore their was not legit reason to close the thread, unless you asked her to so you could have the last word.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
23-02-2014, 05:55 AM
(21-02-2014 02:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  

[quote]

More faith in science? You are once again showing your idiocy, stubborness, and belief perseverance. You are a stupid, very stupid robot.

Then please.. Explain why there is no need for faith when it comes to science.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

23-02-2014, 05:58 AM
(21-02-2014 02:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  To A/S/K is a process. One you must honor completely to work. If you can not then what do you truly expect? god had His son die to provide you with this oppertunity, He's not even asking you to meet Him 1/2 way. He just wants you to put yourself out there and make an honest effort. (His not yours)

You heard many testimonies of people giving an "honest effort" and got nothing you jackass. It is all in your head so stop preaching utter bullshit. Are you just not smart enough to recognize bullshit? How much do you need to hear before you realized it is only what you wanted to hear,and exists only in your own head - nothing more.
The 'honest effort' is a life long endeavor. If they are speaking of an 'honest effort' in the past tense, they did not make one. Not to say their effort was not sincere, it's just not what Christ said we need do.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit