Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: Anyone else?
(21-02-2014 02:19 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  Faith has nothing to do with it.. It's one's ablity to follow directions and knock:

That "Knock" requires faith, you dumbass.Hobo
You really are fucking stupid and everyone here should IGNORE you ASAP.

*shakes head*

jesus................. fucking stupidass.Hobo
Yes.. It requires faith. The faith of a mustard seed. As I have told everyone else we put more faith in science than a mustard seed worth...

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 06:04 AM
(23-02-2014 06:00 AM)Drich Wrote:  Yes.. It requires faith. The faith of a mustard seed. As I have told everyone else we put more faith in science than a mustard seed worth...

As I have said -- for a brain to rely on blind faith, it must be the size of a mustard seed.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
23-02-2014, 06:18 AM
(21-02-2014 09:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 09:35 AM)Drich Wrote:  The only reason I skip questions is if I've answered them a bunch of times before. Or I simply miss them. what were your question/concerns again?

Here is the quote:
(19-02-2014 01:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  OK, I'll start with Genesis (not to be unoriginal, but to start from the beginning):

Starting out in Genesis, why does the Bible immediately contradict itself with two creation stories?
IE: Genesis 1:1-2:3 then Genesis 2:4-25.

Each tells a different story. Which leads me to ask many questions, such as:
  1. When were plants created?
  2. Were humans created before or after the other animals?
  3. Does God work on the Sabbath?
  4. When was Eve created?

Just to name a few. How do you explain this?

Bible references (so you know I'm not making anything up):
  1. Plants were created before humans.
    (Genesis 1:11-13, 27-31)
    Plants were created after humans.
    (Genesis 2:4-9)
  2. After the other animals.
    (Genesis 1:25-27)
    Before the other animals.
    (Genesis 2:18-19)
  3. Yes.
    (John 5:16-17) I know it's not in Genesis, but still counts.
    No.
    (Genesis 2:2-3)
  4. At the same time as Adam.
    (Genesis 1:27)
    After Adam and all the animals were created.
    (Genesis 2:20-22)

I've tried to make this as easy as possible, including the addition of references and the organization of my post. If I have not made myself clear in any way, please let me know you are in need of clarification.

You attempted to dismiss questions #1, 2, and 4 by stating:
(19-02-2014 04:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  In In the Jewish verbal tradition of telling a story it is customary to start with an out line and then when all of the main events are established, it is then colored in. In this 'coloring in' Chronology is not the primary guide line.

Genesis 1 is the out line

Genesis 2:4 forward is the coloring in.

Genesis 1 establishes the time line so your questions based on chronology can be answered in genesis 1.

Which I do not believe is an answer. Chronology is a necessity in a creation story. Unless you provide me with that link backing up your claim that you said you have, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

As for question #3, you did not even touch it. I'm curious, did you even look at the references provided? Or check the links? I'm being serious.

Step logic/linear thinking is only a necessity if you grew up being taught that it is the only way to process information.

The ancient Hebrews used what is known as block logic. This form outlines and colors in details.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/23_genesis_1.html

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
23-02-2014, 08:30 AM
(23-02-2014 05:54 AM)Drich Wrote:  Usually when the best someone can do is ask a question about a sandwich on a topic about God and our existence it usually means their backs are against the wall and they have nothing else to say but feel obligated to say something.

You often have conversations about God that turn to conversations about sandwiches?
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
23-02-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 08:45 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(23-02-2014 06:00 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:19 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  That "Knock" requires faith, you dumbass.Hobo
You really are fucking stupid and everyone here should IGNORE you ASAP.

*shakes head*

jesus................. fucking stupidass.Hobo
Yes.. It requires faith. The faith of a mustard seed. As I have told everyone else we put more faith in science than a mustard seed worth...

LOL more Moving the Goalposts. On ONE hand you claim that one must only have "the faith of a mustard seed", and on the other you tell people that they aren't "A/S/K"-ing hard enough. You can't have your special pleading and eat it too, asshole.

You DO know that your religion stole the "mustard seed" idea from another religion, and that that parable was FAR better than yours.

Of course you don't, you are a fucking idiot.

Any faith at all is faith.

Put a teaspoon of wine into a barrel of sewage and you get sewage.

Put a teaspoon of sewage into a barrel of wine and you get sewage.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMDuwz87lIKJu52odtc2w...hlb5C8hjqA]

Step Right Up, Folks, Get Yer Mustard Seed Oil Right Here!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-02-2014, 09:09 AM
(23-02-2014 08:42 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 06:00 AM)Drich Wrote:  Yes.. It requires faith. The faith of a mustard seed. As I have told everyone else we put more faith in science than a mustard seed worth...

LOL more Moving the Goalposts. On ONE hand you claim that one must only have "the faith of a mustard seed", and on the other you tell people that they aren't "A/S/K"-ing hard enough. You can't have your special pleading and eat it too, asshole.

You DO know that your religion stole the "mustard seed" idea from another religion, and that that parable was FAR better than yours.

Of course you don't, you are a fucking idiot.

Any faith at all is faith.

Put a teaspoon of wine into a barrel of sewage and you get sewage.

Put a teaspoon of sewage into a barrel of wine and you get sewage.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMDuwz87lIKJu52odtc2w...hlb5C8hjqA]

Step Right Up, Folks, Get Yer Mustard Seed Oil Right Here!

See - now I think it's enough that he says "Faith has nothing to do with it" followed by "yes - it REQUIRES.......... (wait for it) FAITH"

taaaaadaaaaaa
Bowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
23-02-2014, 11:43 AM
(23-02-2014 06:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 09:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Here is the quote:

You attempted to dismiss questions #1, 2, and 4 by stating:

Which I do not believe is an answer. Chronology is a necessity in a creation story. Unless you provide me with that link backing up your claim that you said you have, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

As for question #3, you did not even touch it. I'm curious, did you even look at the references provided? Or check the links? I'm being serious.

Step logic/linear thinking is only a necessity if you grew up being taught that it is the only way to process information.

The ancient Hebrews used what is known as block logic. This form outlines and colors in details.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/23_genesis_1.html

Besides you skipping the question (second paragraph) that I actually wanted you to answer, OK, I'll read this...

Interesting. Read through your article and seems your idea is not fact (from what I gather), but just another idea. Let me show you:
Jeff A. Benner Wrote:1 Samuel 2.29 - Why do you scorn my sacrifice and offering that I prescribed for my dwelling? Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?' The word "fattening" in the passage above is the Hebrew word "bara". The noun form of this verb is "beriya" and can be found in Genesis 41.4 - "And the cows that were ugly and gaunt ate up the seven sleek, fat cows." The word "fat" is the Hebrew word "beriya". 

The word "bara" does not mean, "create" (Hebrew actually has no word that means "create" in the sense of something out of nothing) but "to fatten". If we take the literal definition of "bara" in Genesis 1.1 we have - In the beginning God fattened the heavens and the earth. What does this fattening of the heavens and earth mean? This verse is not showing the creation of the heaven and earth, but rather the fattening or filling up of it. Therefore, Genesis 1.1 is a condensed version of the whole creation story.

Now here is a quote from another creationist, one with a PhD in theology:
Andrew Kulikovsk Wrote:Another good piece of evidence for the narrative nature of Genesis 1 is the use of the perfect to begin the narrative (ie. bara) and the use of imperfects to continue it (ie. wayyomer and wayehi). This is very clear indication of classical historical narrative. 

Also:
Helen Fryman Wrote:The normal order for a Hebrew narrative sentence is

Conjunction--Verb--Subject--Object.

The order in poetic writing is

Subject--Verb--Object

-- the same as we see it in normal English. The difference is quite obvious in the Hebrew.

"While the Hebrew language may seem frightening to some, it really is not. The style of writing of Genesis 1 is historical, using thewaw-consecutive to express consecutive action (waw = and). Biblical historians use this style to: "express actions, events, or states, which are to be regarded as the temporal or logical sequence of actions, events, or states mentioned immediately before." (Ref. 7) What this means for Genesis 1 is that God describes a sequence of events that occur one after the other throughout the creation week. We see this sequence reflected in the English as 'And God said,' 'And there was,' or 'And it was,' with which each verse in Genesis I begins. Each occurrence signifies that some action followed another in a real time sequence." [ E. Kautzsch,Genesius' Hebrew Grammar, 2nd edition revised by A.E. Cowley (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1910), p. 133.] by James Stambaugh. ICR Impact #251. [http://ldolphin.org/waw.html] {note: the waw-consec doesn't always imply actions in sequence - it can also be used to expand on an event just mentioned.].

Your site might be impressing, but honestly I can't get around the fact that it does not have any references to any claims. It assumes I'm familiar with ancient Hebrew (obviously I'm not), and pretty much just tells me "believe what I say because I can translate Hebrew and you can't". That's nice and all, but still, some references to look up would be nice for people who don't just believe everything they hear...

Atir aissom atir imon
23-02-2014, 12:14 PM

What you essentially just said:

"...we put more faith in [the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment] than a mustard seed worth..."

23-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(23-02-2014 05:55 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Actually Christ said the faith required is only that of a mustard seed.
One literally has to have more 'faith' in science and philosphy than what is needed to obtain the evidence God offers.

More faith in science? You are once again showing your idiocy, stubborness, and belief perseverance. You are a stupid, very stupid robot.

Then please.. Explain why there is no need for faith when it comes to science.

You are not even going to tempt me down this rabbit hole as you have no ability to understand what science is about, nor do you care to honestly find out. Refer to Raptors post above and if you still need some guidance, I must then admit that all hope is lost on this topic. It is just too bad your faith has made you so disturbingly jaded towards science. I hope your do not force these views on young minds as you will not be doing them any favors.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
23-02-2014, 07:29 PM
(23-02-2014 05:55 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Actually Christ said the faith required is only that of a mustard seed.
One literally has to have more 'faith' in science and philosphy than what is needed to obtain the evidence God offers.

More faith in science? You are once again showing your idiocy, stubborness, and belief perseverance. You are a stupid, very stupid robot.

Then please.. Explain why there is no need for faith when it comes to science.

Because, you fucking idiot, science fucking WORKS.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop