Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 05:52 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Anyone else?
Fundies are often brainwashed so completely that they can't imagine forming beliefs without being told what to believe by an authority figure.

It's not that they reject critical thinking: It's as if critical thinking and rational examination are so stunted, they literally have to return to a written manual to come up with responses with conflicting information.

Notice how often Drich quotes scripture when his beliefs are directly challenged.

And how often scripture is only loosely related to the challenge. I have yet to see a wholly intellectual response to intellectual criticism of Christianity. It always returns to "I believe because I believe because the scripture says so right here:" And then a quoted line the indoctrinated theist believes responds to the objections.

We are able to think critically outside their framework, and assess apologetics for what they are. They aren't.

The only alternative to the truly indoctrinated to their system of belief is an equally faith-based system of belief.

They can't comprehend the ability to form beliefs lacking absolutes about the world. They can't fathom forming reasonable beliefs without an authority figure's indication of what to believe, or what qualifies as true.

To the indoctrinated, there is no objectivity. No higher thought is available to people who already believe they have a manual of True Knowledge. Their very belief system prevents it.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
25-02-2014, 03:35 AM
RE: Anyone else?
Just in case you missed them Drich, the next two questions in our boxing match should be a pleasure for you to answer.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ons?page=4
25-02-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: Anyone else?
(25-02-2014 07:38 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 10:13 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Two questions:

Do you experience periods of bliss because you are a Christian and do God's will?
I'm not sure what you mean..
I Experience Spiritual fruit : love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control Per Gal

What, you see other people who have these qualities, you mean Because yOu don't have ANY of them AT ALL.

Quote:5. I also Experience a particular Spiritual gift. A direct line to wisdom/Knoweledge of God...

What you experience is classic narcissism and chronic self-delusion. You hear voices in your head and think your imaginary sky fairy is talking to you. You need to check yourself in to a sanatorium before you hurt yourself.

Quote:
Quote:Mathilda:

Is God fair and merciful? (or any other similar description, if yes please provide an exact definition of what you mean)
Drecksack:

To whom He has mercy yes.
To those in whom God does not show mercy I suppose those people would not consider Him fair or merciful.

To those in whom HITLER does not show mercy I suppose those people would not consider Him fair or merciful.

Fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post