Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: Anyone else?
(19-02-2014 04:10 PM)Drich Wrote:  To me that says one of two things. Your not as smart as you think You are (meaning you have to be below me) Which I know that to not be true, Or I speak in God's Absolute truth. Which if done correctly a monkey could do and not mess up. Which is why despite all my failings you still quit the conversation.

Ooo Ooo ah ah.. (monkey sounds)Big Grin

You are an absolute self absorbed retard aren't you? All that energy into posting replies to YK containing nothing but the whinings of a 12 year old, all to just pump your chest as if you were the ultimate messenger with this unproven truth/story.

You very well could have answered Raptors question, or any of mine, but you don't. You just deflect attention from these easy questions and rant like a friggin sissy.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 04:21 PM
(19-02-2014 04:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:33 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

So if you based so much of your faith on this passage in the book of Luke, what do have to say about the line right after the ask, seek, knock crap you keep shoveling? I, and many others have asked (and did not recieve), and seeked (but did not find). I mean it damn well says that everyone who asks will recieve (I assume this refers to the holy spirit). I am sure you will rationalize and make up an answer that supports your claims, but to me this passage is a flat out lie. Again if want to keep pushing the first satement as the only correct way to truth, you will need to accept the next sentence as truth - "everyone who asks recieves". FALSE.
How to proceed? One few if anyone outside of a charasmatic Chruch asks for the Holy Spirit.
Or Two In your paragraph you spoke to those who asked and sought...

Consider hmmm I guess we will go with 2

The passage in Luke 11 does not say ask and seek.

It says Ask Seek and Knock. If your not currently knocking then you did not follow the instructions found in Luke 11.

Thanks for the non-answer once again. Jackass.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
19-02-2014, 04:23 PM
(19-02-2014 12:01 PM)Youkay Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:35 AM)Drich Wrote:  There is absolutly no aspect of the bible I have not read, questioned and found an answer to. that is why i am here. I have run out of my questions and I seek yours to continue to challenge God with and so that I may learn and continue to grow.

This is so frustrating! So you confess to us that you do not have questions to challenge the bible? That goes to show that you are a lack-wit. Even in most established and reviewed scientific findings, people are able to ask questions. Tons of questions. And a lot of them go unanswered.

Yet here you stand, as a proud christian, and tell us you ran out of questions? Regarding the... BIBLE!?! *double face-palm* I need more hands...

If you could sit down with God and ask him as Many questions as you like and He gave you a direct answer to each and everyone. How many years would it take you to run out of your own questions?
It took me 10 years, I asked questions for 10 years off and on, and now I'm done.

In our boxing match I tried to get you to talk about Spiritual Gifts. This one is mine. I get to ask God questions concerning what He had written about in scripture, and I get pointed to a passage in the bible. from that can even extrapolate some other speculatiory answers concerning biblically based topics. (my thread with evolution/creation being an example of that)

So again, honestly. after 10 years of asking God questions i am content. So i seek your questions to help me continue to grow and learn.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
19-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Do you think Christianity is any more believable than Pinocchio?

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
19-02-2014, 04:25 PM
(19-02-2014 12:07 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:35 AM)Drich Wrote:  I will. now what?

Maybe in the year or so it will take me to do this you can share some of the troubling things you found in reading your bible from cover to cover. Tell me of these faith ending problems you have unlocked so that I too can recognise them when I come across them.

A year or so!? It's only about 1200 pages. If you spend 30 minutes a day on it, and you have an average reading speed of about a minute per page, it'll take you about 40 days to get through it. Think of that as your 40 days in the desert and make it a goal.

(edit: do you wonder why a bunch of atheists are encouraging you to actually read the whole Bible?)

I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
19-02-2014, 04:29 PM
(19-02-2014 04:23 PM)Drich Wrote:  This one is mine. I get to ask God questions concerning what He had written about in scripture, and I get pointed to a passage in the bible.

These are the rantings of a mentally ill person, wow, just wow. He talks to, and hears god. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
19-02-2014, 04:35 PM
(19-02-2014 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

What Huh and you write diagnostic trees for some of the most complicated systems on the roads. We're so fucked.

Your digging your own hole deeper and deeper, best to move on to greener pastures Drich. You've lost all credibility here.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
19-02-2014, 04:36 PM
You seem to have skipped my post Drich.

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 04:43 PM
(19-02-2014 12:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:35 AM)Drich Wrote:  You do know that the bible was not written in the order it appears correct? If one were to read it in accordance as to how it was written then it would be more confusing. It has been compiled the way it has been printed to group together ideas and to help establish a chronolgy.

The word bible means a book of many books. We do not read it like Harry potter because it is not written like harry potter. Harry potter was one story one theme written by one author. The bible can be subdivided into many different caragories. Orgins, Man/Jews, historical account of the Jewish people, Prophesy, Poetry, songs, Salvation, Record of Jesus' life. The orgins of the Church, the struggles and mataince of the Church, The last days.

Again many different books, many different authors, many different ideas and purposes, under one cover. The bible in it's most popular form as been compiled as such so as to give the reader some idea of a time line concerning principles and events. If one's study ever goes beyond simple and basic chronology then reading it order becomes pointless.

Smile

There is absolutly no aspect of the bible I have not read, questioned and found an answer to. that is why i am here. I have run out of my questions and I seek yours to continue to challenge God with and so that I may learn and continue to grow.

I will. now what?

Maybe in the year or so it will take me to do this you can share some of the troubling things you found in reading your bible from cover to cover. Tell me of these faith ending problems you have unlocked so that I too can recognise them when I come across them.

Simple fact of the matter is:

You operate from a sense of FAITH and cannot answer questions without it.
Members HERE require answers void of faith.

done
ahh, no.
I am not a faith based Christian. I need evidence I am a doubting thomas. I have found the evidence I and offer it to all of you as well. If you stopped to actually read my posts you would know this. but I guess it is safer to just shout sterotypical atheist arguements from the side lines in hopes that we all opperate under the same MO, huh?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 04:45 PM
(19-02-2014 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

If you can't really read well, then why do you believe you have the correct context for the things you do read? I know the Bible is actually a collection of books, and not just one big book, but you need to be able to at least read a complete book from the Bible, to even hope to have the correct context. Otherwise, you just have to trust some third party, and if you're going to do that, then you might as well forget about the Bible, since all you're doing is using it to *confirm* what you've been told.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post