Anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Anyone else?
(19-02-2014 04:35 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

What Huh and you write diagnostic trees for some of the most complicated systems on the roads. We're so fucked.

Your digging your own hole deeper and deeper, best to move on to greener pastures Drich. You've lost all credibility here.

I have people to the trivial stuff for me.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(19-02-2014 04:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You seem to have skipped my post Drich.

which one

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
19-02-2014, 05:13 PM
(19-02-2014 04:45 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:25 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

If you can't really read well, then why do you believe you have the correct context for the things you do read? I know the Bible is actually a collection of books, and not just one big book, but you need to be able to at least read a complete book from the Bible, to even hope to have the correct context. Otherwise, you just have to trust some third party, and if you're going to do that, then you might as well forget about the Bible, since all you're doing is using it to *confirm* what you've been told.

looks like I am not the only one with trouble reading. Maybe go back and re read what I wrote then forumlate a post that accuratly protrays the content that I left you.
I can read, it just takes a little longer.Rolleyes

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 05:16 PM
(19-02-2014 04:47 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Christianity is faith based.
Says who your sunday school teacher 15 years ago? Was St. Thomas a Christian? What about the apstole Paul? Maybe Peter? Was He a Christian? All of those showed a pretty low or even a lack of Faith until God provided proof. So too am I one who needs proof.

Quote:Who authored the original scriptures found in the book of Genesis?
asked and answered

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 05:17 PM
(19-02-2014 04:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  In In the Jewish verbal tradition of telling a story it is customary to start with an out line and then when all of the main events are established, it is then colored in. In this 'coloring in' Chronology is not the primary guide line.

Genesis 1 is the out line

Genesis 2:4 forward is the coloring in.

Genesis 1 establishes the time line so your questions based on chronology can be answered in genesis 1.

OK, well I'm no Jewish history buff. So I'll assume you're right.
First is the outline, then the "coloring in". OK, got it. (no sarcasm intended).
Just one problem: In order to properly "color in", you must color inside the lines, not make a new picture. Using my cited examples, please explain why the Bible isn't directly contradicting itself.
again Chronology is not a mandate in the 'coloring in' process. The outline is the chronology. I will post a link to traditional Jewish story telling when I get time that explains this.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 05:19 PM
(19-02-2014 04:56 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:52 PM)Drich Wrote:  Many believe The Father's of Judaism were the sources of the authorship of genesis, They were privy to what their father knew and witnessed and added to the collective till Moses/Arron compiled it to what is now known as the book of Genesis.

That is a heck of a guess - so you don't know.Unsure

The only other option is divine revelation as with the book of revelation or with the 70 weeks of Daniel. Either way the short answer is God saw to it that the contents of the book of Genesis reflected what he wanted known.. What more is there to know?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 05:20 PM
(19-02-2014 05:17 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 04:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  OK, well I'm no Jewish history buff. So I'll assume you're right.
First is the outline, then the "coloring in". OK, got it. (no sarcasm intended).
Just one problem: In order to properly "color in", you must color inside the lines, not make a new picture. Using my cited examples, please explain why the Bible isn't directly contradicting itself.
again Chronology is not a mandate in the 'coloring in' process. The outline is the chronology. I will post a link to traditional Jewish story telling when I get time that explains this.

You would think chronology is important in a creation story... just saying. That's not 'coloring in', that's painting a new picture.

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 06:01 PM
(19-02-2014 05:13 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not a strong reader, without a purpose i get lost in the words. I need to be looking for something.

looks like I am not the only one with trouble reading. Maybe go back and re read what I wrote then forumlate a post that accuratly protrays the content that I left you.
I can read, it just takes a little longer.Rolleyes

Apparently, you're such a weak reader, you can't even read what you are typing. Enjoy your life of stupidity you arrogant ignorant fuck. Drinking Beverage

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
19-02-2014, 07:30 PM
(19-02-2014 05:20 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 05:17 PM)Drich Wrote:  again Chronology is not a mandate in the 'coloring in' process. The outline is the chronology. I will post a link to traditional Jewish story telling when I get time that explains this.

You would think chronology is important in a creation story... just saying. That's not 'coloring in', that's painting a new picture.

Not if you were an OT Jew who grew up with this format all your life. The world is broader than how you understand it to be. When looking at translated text from another time another culture one must take how and to whom it was written in along with content.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

19-02-2014, 07:38 PM
(19-02-2014 07:30 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 05:20 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You would think chronology is important in a creation story... just saying. That's not 'coloring in', that's painting a new picture.

Not if you were an OT Jew who grew up with this format all your life. The world is broader than how you understand it to be. When looking at translated text from another time another culture one must take how and to whom it was written in along with content.

I'm not quite sure I agree with that, unless you can come up with some sort of document telling me than in fact chronology does not matter in a story of creation by the Jews, I'm not going to trust that.

What about question number 3 in my list? It is not regarding chronology.

Atir aissom atir imon