Anyone "famous" in your family tree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 07:54 PM by Vosur.)
Anyone "famous" in your family tree?
So I was wondering, is there anyone "famous", or noteworthy in your family tree? Anyone in your family like a famous outlaw, noteworthy artist, had 5 minutes of fame for growing the world's biggest pumpkin or anything along those lines? I only have one person noteworthy in my family, and when I was a kid and his name came up I would always proudly proclaim he was my Great grandfather on my mother's side. Admiral Richard E Byrd.

[Image: 241jcyf.jpg]

Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., USN (25 October 1888 – 11 March 1957) was an American naval officer who specialized in feats of exploration. He was a pioneering American aviator, polar explorer, and organizer of polar logistics. Aircraft flights, in which he served as a navigator and expedition leader, crossed the Atlantic Ocean, a segment of the Arctic Ocean, and a segment of the Antarctic Plateau. Byrd claimed that his expeditions had been the first to reach the North Pole and the South Pole by air. However, majority of polar experts are now of the opinion that Roald Amundsen has the first verifiable claim to each pole.[1][2] Byrd was a recipient of the Medal of Honor, the highest honor for heroism given by the United States.

He was the son of Esther Bolling (Flood) and Richard Evelyn Byrd, Sr. He was a descendant of one of the First Families of Virginia. His ancestors include planter John Rolfe and his wife Pocahontas, William Byrd II of Westover Plantation, who established Richmond, and Robert "King" Carter, a colonial governor. He was the brother of Virginia Governor and U.S. Senator Harry F. Byrd, a dominant figure in Virginia Democratic Party between the 1920s and 1960s; their father served as Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates for a time.

Very cool Thumbsup

So, do any of you have a cool member of the family tree somewhere? I thought this could be a neat thread....anyone kin to the jesse james gang members, or william shakespeare, or.......

come on...share Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: Anyone "famous" in your family tree?
Edward Teach aka Blackbeard the Pirate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
My uncle Mike Brick (my moms brother) invented "The Jaws of Life" when he worked for the Hurst corp. in the '70's.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
(04-08-2014 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Edward Teach aka Blackbeard the Pirate.

No shit? He was always my favorite pirate. I was pirate obsessed as a boy, well, what boy isn't? Drooling

Very cool

(04-08-2014 07:13 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  My uncle Mike Brick (my moms brother) invented "The Jaws of Life" when he worked for the Hurst corp. in the '70's.

wow, talk about inventing something that has saved who knows how many lives over the years...that is awesome!

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Peter Graves

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-08-2014, 07:22 PM
(04-08-2014 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Edward Teach aka Blackbeard the Pirate.

No one famous - several infamous. Tongue

Here is a picture of a pirate celebration back in the day. I hail from the Outer Banks of NC, well-known for Blackbeard, places with names like 'Teach's Lair, and drunken old sailors that had a bit of pirate in them.

My grandfather is in the middle; a great uncle to his right.

[img][Image: piratesjam57_zps1e50bb17.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
(04-08-2014 07:15 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

No shit? He was always my favorite pirate. I was pirate obsessed as a boy, well, what boy isn't? Drooling

Very cool

(04-08-2014 07:13 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  My uncle Mike Brick (my moms brother) invented "The Jaws of Life" when he worked for the Hurst corp. in the '70's.

wow, talk about inventing something that has saved who knows how many lives over the years...that is awesome!

He was a very cool guy too, also gave me the nickname Pablo when I was a kid. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
(04-08-2014 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Here is a picture of a pirate celebration back in the day. I hail from the Outer Banks of NC, well-known for Blackbeard, places with names like 'Teach's Lair, and drunken old sailors that had a bit of pirate in them.

Yeah my grandmother is from North Carolina it's through her that I am related.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
(04-08-2014 07:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Peter Graves

oooh I wish I had a famous actor in my family, that would be kind of neat! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
(04-08-2014 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Yes

[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post