Anyone "famous" in your family tree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 11:02 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
RE: Anyone "famous" in your family tree?
[Image: 3dart2.jpg]

My super great grandma lucy.

EDIT: This is a hint for something of the future.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
04-08-2014, 09:36 PM
If my mom was still married to her first husband, I would be related to Jimmy Carter.
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Not really famous but my mother's cousin is a scenic artist for movies and television. He's worked on many well known movies such as Law Abiding Citizen and Shutter Island and even has his own IMDB page

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-08-2014, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 11:26 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
Great stories, I always find this kind of thing interesting....always surprising sometimes when you go digging up the family tree what you find, good and bad.

I love the Lucy reference by Met lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-08-2014, 04:55 AM
My Uncle who died in .88 used to pilot for Pan Am also prior flew for Air Force 2. He is in the background in the famous photo where Jackie O is standing next to LBJ being sworn in.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
05-08-2014, 05:17 AM
My dad killed Glenn Miller.

Does that count?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-08-2014, 06:17 AM
I don't know of a single famous or even remotely noteworthy person in my family tree... As far as I know, my family tree is as boring as I am.

My father has in the past claimed that I had some relation to somebody (eternally unnamed) who worked on the Manhattan Project, but I've never seen the claim substantiated.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-08-2014, 08:36 AM
(05-08-2014 06:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't know of a single famous or even remotely noteworthy person in my family tree... As far as I know, my family tree is as boring as I am.

My father has in the past claimed that I had some relation to somebody (eternally unnamed) who worked on the Manhattan Project, but I've never seen the claim substantiated.

anybody who worked on the project became infamous.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-08-2014, 08:53 AM
(05-08-2014 06:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't know of a single famous or even remotely noteworthy person in my family tree... As far as I know, my family tree is as boring as I am.

You're just not going back far enough. You're Australian, and I don't recall your particular background so I'll asume you're probably mostly of British ancestry. Literally everyone British is related to royalty given enough generations.

It's the magic of statistics!

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
05-08-2014, 08:55 AM
(04-08-2014 07:08 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, do any of you have a cool member of the family tree somewhere? I thought this could be a neat thread....anyone kin to the jesse james gang members, or william shakespeare, or.......

come on...share Big Grin

Shakespeare has no living descendents; his grandchildren died childless.

... this is my signature!